Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

where can I buy a panama hat in Lewes

On 15 Jul 2010 at 9:22am soma wrote:
help! need to buy a panama hat for a man. Where can I get one in Lewes?

On 15 Jul 2010 at 9:29am Helpful Harry wrote:
Hugh Rae. Give them a try (opposite the castle).

On 15 Jul 2010 at 10:11am Mystic Mog wrote:
I think that the Vintage Shirt Company may also do them. Just round the corner from the Lewes Arms
On 15 Jul 2010 at 11:45am jrsussex wrote:
There is a small hat shop, thats all they sell, in Westcliff on Sea, Essex that you can buy from and it will be delivered within a few days. If you want the old genuine Panama that you can roll up with the bag/box to put it in then they will almosr certainly have one. The man that owns the businees used to be a Dunn's manager (who remembers them) and is a fanatic about hats, he loves his business. I have used him for years, oddly it is a mens hat shop but 40% of his customers are ladies.
His telephone number is 01702 430798 and I know he is on the website but not sure of the address. Try putting in - classiccapcompany - that should bring it up for you. He is in Hamlet Court Road, Westcliff on Sea.
I'm sure you will get what you want there. Good Luck
On 15 Jul 2010 at 12:45pm Dumpy wrote:
Hugh Rae often have them in the window...

On 15 Jul 2010 at 12:59pm Mad Hatter wrote:
Paul Clark in the bottleneck will sell them I think.

On 15 Jul 2010 at 1:15pm Clifford wrote:
I'd been thinking of buying one to wear when I go to Costa Rica but have been put off because they seem to have become fashionable among some of the 'young set'.
On 15 Jul 2010 at 3:22pm jrsussex wrote:
Correct address: www.classic-caps.co.uk
I've had a quick look. they have a wide range of panamas starting at £35.00 up to 59.00 it seems. Usually delivered in 2/3 days.

On 15 Jul 2010 at 3:49pm Dan wrote:
Paul Clark has some really nice hats at 94 High Street.......
On 15 Jul 2010 at 4:28pm Artful wrote:
Wearing a fantastic Bailey hat from Paul Clark right now ? a pork-pie/panama fusion.
On 15 Jul 2010 at 7:37pm Toque wrote:
Clifford, if you're going to Costa Rica I can recommend La Mariposa, listed in the 1000 Places to See Before You Die travel book www.lamariposa.com

The Manatus is fantastic too www.manatuscostarica.com

On 15 Jul 2010 at 8:01pm MC wrote:
And me, going to see the leather backed turtles crawl up the beach to lay their eggs. Other than that I preferred almost any other Latin American country to Costa Rica. Costa Rica is the country that wishes it was in the US.

On 15 Jul 2010 at 8:05pm jrsussex wrote:
Artful - Great hats Bailey's, very distinctive. Several times I have had strangers approach me in the street to ask where I bought them.

On 15 Jul 2010 at 10:01pm Jackson wrote:
Wickle sell them. Different styles/colours.

On 15 Jul 2010 at 9:03pm TeaLeaf wrote:
This forum: More poseurs than possums

On 15 Jul 2010 at 11:09pm Clifford wrote:
MC - I'll look out for that. I'm only going there because the brother-in-law moved there a few years ago and we've promised a visit.

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Skate Park 104:132
Skate Park

Oh the irony more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde