Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

the national front meeting at town hall 78 or 79

On 20 Feb 2013 at 8:50pm adolf wrote:
does anyone have any memories of this evening
On 20 Feb 2013 at 8:59pm wrote:
I remember fisher street was packed with left wing student scum from the university preventing people from attending.
On 20 Feb 2013 at 9:00pm Joseph Krammer wrote:
I remember fisher street was packed with left wing student scum from the university preventing people from attending.
On 20 Feb 2013 at 9:23pm when i was young wrote:
remember coming of train as a 17yr old up station st and being asked if i was a red from that day took a right wing stance everything that party stated has become reality today its time to stop sitting on the fence and start voting
On 20 Feb 2013 at 9:30pm ss stormtrooper wrote:
i remember our NF candidate mrs b webb what a lovely lady she was we used to plaster the town in NF STICKERS those where the days
On 20 Feb 2013 at 10:37pm Sussex Jim wrote:
It was general election time, so it must have been 1979. I lived in Malling and was working in Brighton at the time. I remember driving through Lewes and stopping at the traffic lights by the courts. Loads of rentamob were coming up Station Street having just come in by train from London.
After tea I walked back into the town, out of curiosity, taking care to allow a quick exit. Betty Webb (the NF candidate) was holding a meeting in the town hall: the mob had achieved their objective of not allowing, in practice, the public to attend.
On 20 Feb 2013 at 11:06pm Peter wrote:
Good

On 21 Feb 2013 at 1:23am drone wrote:
A lot of the demonstrators were local people, from the Labour Party to church goers. Fisher Street was packed & closed off by a heavy police presence. On such a demo today, you`d expect to see a lot of banners & posters. I don`t recall any. Later in the evening, a mate of mine who knew nothing of the demo - and cared even less - got a kicking by members of the master race whose evening we had ruined.His crime was to be heading home from the Landsdown as the fascists were making their way back for the last train after drowning their sorrows. But the NF was thrown out of Lewes, never to return. Betty Webb made no further forays into politics & died a few years later. As a neighbour, she was actually OK. I felt that the NF had used her. But I could not feel sorry for her
On 21 Feb 2013 at 8:10am Kettle wrote:
Some of these posts make me ashamed of living in lewes. Depressing.
On 21 Feb 2013 at 8:36am Pete wrote:
Well, politics wise, I'm probably (left) middle of the road, but, I think it's only fair that we hear all sides, left or right, after all we are a democracy, and only by listening to all political views can we make informed decisions.
On 21 Feb 2013 at 9:42am london exile wrote:
@drone, how many of the local people you speak of have actually had their convictions tested by seeing their hometown swamped by wave after wave of immigration ?

On 21 Feb 2013 at 11:14am uckersbarry wrote:
can anyone name that food outlet that got its window smashed on that nice sunny evening just as you turn in to fisher street lets move on to the cnd marchers much more fun had by all

On 21 Feb 2013 at 12:19pm Rookie wrote:
Betty Webb? Was she a teacher at Priory?
On 21 Feb 2013 at 1:06pm Kettle wrote:
I support freedom of speech too. I'm just depressed that so many on this forum hold such vile views. Best that they are allowed to show just how stupid they are though.

On 21 Feb 2013 at 2:03pm uckers barry wrote:
a flashback think it was called the cheese and chutney
On 21 Feb 2013 at 3:26pm ss stormtrooper wrote:
smudge wasnt it the cheese and pickle
On 22 Feb 2013 at 3:11am Expat Two wrote:
Give 'em enough rope Kettle, give 'em enough rope.
It always makes me laugh to see these jokers claiming their master race credentials. Not the first time its ever been said, but if there is a master race, it certainly isn't these knuckle dragging goons. No it doesn't make me laugh actually, it makes me ashamed to have ever lived in Lewes.

On 22 Feb 2013 at 11:16am Clifford wrote:
You're right Expat Two, but you must agree it's a tonic to see them confirm they're morons. Particularly the 'London exile' who emigrated to Lewes. 'Get back to where you come from' the saying goes, doesn't it?

On 2 Mar 2013 at 1:25pm Eleven wrote:
Nice to see the fascist scum crawling out of the woodwork at the slightest excuse. Reminds the rest of us to stay vigilant.

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Cross 67:132
Lewes Cross

Wrong choice of word there, Tom. It's not condescension, it's pity. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams