Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

tesco lewes

1
 
On 19 Sep 2011 at 5:27pm bill wrote:
how much longer do we have to put up with sub standard customer care from tesco lewes manager/ment in her search to achieve "targets" surely i cannot be the one ? who has seen a marked decline in staff morale and customer service please talk to the staff on the shop floor the next time YOU shop in this apology for a local store the people of lewes deserve far better than this dont they ?!!!!!! and dont even bother h.o. because they dont have a clue do it in store ! and maybe we will get some respect as people who pay the bloody wage bill !!!
3
 
On 19 Sep 2011 at 5:51pm Clifford wrote:
Bill, the worse the manager treats her staff the higher she will go in the company. Times are tough now and the people who have to carry the entire burden are the workers.
1
3
On 19 Sep 2011 at 6:03pm landporter wrote:
Don't shop there...simplez !!!
2
 
On 19 Sep 2011 at 6:08pm Southover Queen wrote:
I never go in there, except in absolute emergencies. I split my allegiance between Waitrose, Lidl in Newhaven and local shops. Waitrose staff seem genuinely to be pretty happy: certainly the attitude to customers is second to none. Lidl staff seem to have a ready smile as well. In both cases the experience of being in the store is light years away from angry customers, stressed staff and out of control kids, which is what you seem to find in Tescos.

I'm quite looking forward to Aldi: maybe I can transfer my Lidl allegiance to a store closer to home!
2
 
On 19 Sep 2011 at 6:22pm Aunt matilda wrote:
I wrote a letter to the manager of Tesco Lewes, despite sending the letter recorded delivery I did not receive an answer.
I followed this up by writing a letter to the head office, again recorded delivery, again no answer.
Enough said I suppose.
1
 
On 19 Sep 2011 at 6:29pm oilbarron wrote:
Just remember we all have a choice. Even more so when Lidl opens.
Quality of some foods, especially meat is awful. I am fortunate that
I have my own hens, pigs etc and never have to bother too much with
meat.
2
2
On 19 Sep 2011 at 8:15pm Peter Byron wrote:
Southover Queen, could not agree more! Got some meatballs today in Waitrose, browned them off in a little olive oil with some garlic and chilli, added some chopped tomates and sliced some geen and red peppers, chopped mushrooms and put in the pot in oven for 1 hour! Delish with crusty bread my friends. Mrs Twine, take note haha, I am learning. Best, Pete Tesco's only good for wine, in my humble opinion. Want a new friend oilbarron? Love belly of pork, do a jolly good crackling I can tell you folks.
1
1
On 19 Sep 2011 at 8:30pm Peter Byron wrote:
Who needs a woman when you can rustle up a dinner like I can, and drink as many bottles of wine with it as I choose without being told how bad it is for me! Yet, still I know she is out there. Have a nice evening everyone. PB
2
1
On 19 Sep 2011 at 9:57pm Jamie O wrote:
Tesco Lewes meat is rubbish and usually near to use by date. I have taken so much bad meat back, the cost of which is refunded with a grunt, that I never buy any from them now.
Their bread is usually short on date life and the nerd that puts it on the shelf is priceless in his surly attitude to Customers.
Remember, 'Customers are not an interruption in your day, they are the reason you are there'..........take note Tesco hierachy.
Most of my shopping is done at Sainsbury's in Newhaven.
 
 
On 19 Sep 2011 at 10:08pm Deelite wrote:
Tesco fruit takes the cake! Not at all ripe and completely inedible when bought.. so keep it for a while... and then all of a sudden it's gone rotten. It hardly seems ripe for any time at all. Peaches and melons are particularly bad offenders.
 
 
On 19 Sep 2011 at 10:49pm Mrs Twine wrote:
Dear Peter, your cookery skills are certainly improving, and I suggest you next try fried chicken with chorizo and mushrooms, and a little cream added at the last minute. However, your fairy cakes, when last seen, made me feel you had not put your heart and soul into them. Hubby put them out for the birds, which flew off rapidly in the opposite direction, I am sorry to say.
1
1
On 19 Sep 2011 at 10:58pm Paul Newman wrote:
I had a Tesco experience which captured the Kafka-esque torture of modern Britain. In order for eldest-son-and-heir to play touch rugby I had to fill in a gazillion forms as if he was lion taming. Then he must have an official-dom compliant photograph. Unlike the old photographs with six leering gurns and a smile, this one is subject to numerous rules so a complex machine is required, as is £5 to pay for it. The five pounds must be in pound coins so inevitably having located the machine in Tescos you have to locate some change
Late , sick of the whole thing, screaming kids in the car , I waited for ten minutes whilst a skip load of shopping was paid for ahead of me but finally the cashier would not change my £10 note anyway.
I said ..look I have waited for ages, you have a till full of change and I only wish to swap my legal doh ray me, for some of the coins your rip off machine requires.
She . " I couldn`t give you change as such "
Moi "Why not ?"
She "Not really sure but you have to go to customer services"
Moi "Arrrrgh ..."
Change finally acquired the complex business of the ID photo completed a beard having grown in the interim we finally had the photo the point of which entirely escapes in the first place.
(I am yet to be told my crime but it must be unspeakable )
1
 
On 19 Sep 2011 at 11:16pm Rookie wrote:
I was in the self checkout queue the other day. They were all busy or out of order. So I waited until one came free and made my way over to it. Too slow! Someone pushed in and got there first...........a Tesco staff member!!! After saying "Oi, There's a queue here" he just grunted sorry and carried on. Charming.
 
1
On 20 Sep 2011 at 6:49am drone wrote:
Roll on October when Aldi opens
3
1
On 20 Sep 2011 at 8:30am Boing wrote:
God, PN, you really do live in Dickensian times don't you? Have you ever managed to keep up with the modern world?
It's actually quite normal for stores to refuse to give change without a 'customer' making a purchase at the till - this can be for any number of reasons (some of these being - bloody-mindedness, an inability to open a till without registering a transaction, fear of accepting fake notes in exchange for legal tender, shortage of change in the till, etc.) but when all is said and done giving change is simply a gesture of good will - no shop is under obligation to do it.
To suggest that Tesco is the only place that operates such a policy is ludicrous, and just highlights your propensity for making 'facts' fit your argument whilst ignoring the bigger picture.
 
 
On 20 Sep 2011 at 9:29am Shardlake wrote:
Tesco - FFS! Why do they put the grumpiest, most miserable and un-helpful staff on 'Customer Services'?! Tried to get my petrol receipts bar codes read recently to add the points - got the third degree - 'These receipts are more than 2 weeks old, we can't scan them'.
'Eh? Why?'
'Company policy. Oh, and we'll only scan 2 at a time'.
'Eh? Why?'
'Because you might have gone outside and picked some up off the ground to bring them in'
'You WHAT?!'
I was a loyal customer, spending cash on shopping and petrol, but enough is enough. They treat their customers with disdain.
3
 
On 20 Sep 2011 at 9:45am robsta wrote:
That's a little harsh Boing: the customer WAS needing change to use a facility in which Tesco has an interest, after all. And what about your propensity for extrapolating from the particular to the general: does PN make a habit of "ignoring the bigger picture" then?
I find Tesco useful for organic veg. and household basics, but otherwise: the flowers die too soon, the fish can be dodgy, the meat's so-so, the bread is uninspiring and the wine selection under £10 is naff. I also think they should have a staff rota for clearing up the litter round their property - which mainly derives from their products' wrappings and containers. Since they enjoy such a privileged postion in our town, they should help care for their immediate environment which they share with us. Waitrose is a far nicer shopping experience: like a library versus a fairground...........
4
 
On 20 Sep 2011 at 9:51am robsta wrote:
..........and as a company, they act like a fat, greedy child that has already eaten too much, but resents anybody else having a share of the pie. The overall impression isn't pretty: brash bullies lacking style or grace - in fact rather like many Brits!
 
 
On 20 Sep 2011 at 12:43pm Clifford wrote:
I always get the impression one of the reasons the staff in Tesco are so miserable is that they're never allowed to use their initiative (examples above). And the reason for that is usually rigid management, which is often a sign of managerial incompetence and a lack of confidence. I assume that comes from the top. Perhaps a Tesco staff member could come on here and tell us what it feels like to work there.
2
 
On 20 Sep 2011 at 12:51pm kitty cat wrote:
We have pretty much stopped shopping there as well. we now go to Morrisons in Seaford where they take your money with a smile. Also their three for a tenner on meat is so very much better.
Cannot wait for Aldi's either. BRING IT ON. x
1
 
On 20 Sep 2011 at 1:12pm Mr Forks wrote:
Stopped going to Tesco ages ago, Sainsburys in Newhaven is much better, better food, better deals and the staff are actually very good!
Perhaps if people stopped going to Lewes Tesco it might make a difference?
 
1
On 20 Sep 2011 at 7:44pm bastian wrote:
I have heard that they are a poor employer and that the till staff are not allowed to talk to customers casually as they are in waitrose. This is a local town in which mamy people know each other and each others kids,if they are not allowed to say hello and chat it feels odd.
 
 
On 20 Sep 2011 at 8:06pm Peter Byron wrote:
Mrs Twine your latest recipe has been duly noted. I have not made fairy cakes since leaving Brighton in 1989, must be another handsome talented Chef you have mistaken me for.
 
1
On 21 Sep 2011 at 10:44am bill wrote:
update ref tesco complaint sent to "how did we do" absolutly pointless ! phone tesco h.o. no reply after 36 hours which leads me to the conclusion that perhaps aspiring "managers" at tesco are all ex bankers and you may iterpret that how wish ! roll on aldi second thoughts maybe inept management skills and total disregard of customers must be an open door to a career in top banking ?
1
 
On 21 Sep 2011 at 12:56pm Reluctant shopper wrote:
I do my shopping at 7am in Tesco when the OAPs are on the tills...generally they are ok, especially the bloke, but the old birds are pretty grumpy.
The mushrooms are a disgrace and always well past their best...they must throw away tonnes of unsold fruit and veg...
 
 
On 21 Sep 2011 at 2:11pm Mrs Twine wrote:
Shame on you, Peter, for being in denial about your fairy cakes, which have always been such a by-word! However, I shall be sending you a special recipe for Melting Moments, though I suspect you may have one of your own. Hope you will take up your usual cake and wine stall at the Sunday Boot Fair, and look forward to seeing you there.
1
 
On 22 Sep 2011 at 9:56am Peter Byron wrote:
Looking forward to a nibble with you Sunday Mrs Twine. I shall be there or be square. Best, Peter
 
 
On 22 Sep 2011 at 11:37am citizen wrote:
Boo to Tesco. The corporation takes one in seven of our retail pounds and still mercilessly targets communities decimating their local economy and growers. Simple solution: just don't go there. Or any of the other supermarkets. Shop local, eat well and save money.
 
 
On 22 Sep 2011 at 2:27pm Yawn.... wrote:
Ear ear.
1
 
On 22 Sep 2011 at 7:06pm Peter O'Byron wrote:
citizen you are what consumers need to wake up and smell the fresh bread my friend, well said. Peter
 
1
On 3 Oct 2011 at 5:07pm Aunt matilda wrote:
Quick update, I received a reply from the head office but not the store. Better than nothing.


6 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

rye bonfire badge 103:132
rye bonfire badge

Hi, I would like to add an event but the system won't let me. Please help! Maia Eden more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington