Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

southover jumpers

On 27 Sep 2014 at 7:53pm Mrs.F wrote:
Anyone know a good place to get Southover smugglers jumpers for bonfire night? any suggestions appreciated.

On 27 Sep 2014 at 10:30pm Smuggler wrote:
Islington?
On 28 Sep 2014 at 8:47am Gummy wrote:
You've almost certainly left it too late for this year. Your society will be able to tell you who knits them but it'll probably take 12 weeks to make. They have to have stripes the right width and a minimum wool content so they aren't something you can buy just anywhere.
On 28 Sep 2014 at 7:53pm Tarquin wrote:
Anyone know a good place to get Southover a fire field for Bonfire night?Any suggestions appreciated.
On 28 Sep 2014 at 7:54pm Bear wrote:
wool content - is that so they are fire retardant ? Don`t fancy a molten acrylic one !
On 28 Sep 2014 at 7:57pm Arse wrote:
Tarq. you scuppered my Gummy Bear Listing . I did this one for you . why not try a local farm auction ?
On 28 Sep 2014 at 8:03pm Tarquin wrote:
Sorry Arse I don't get your post.
On 28 Sep 2014 at 10:15pm Bear arse wrote:
I was replying to gummy so that the list of posts read " gummy bear " - TV is boring , the forum`s boring - I`m just messing around . Have a look down the columns of posters , you might find some others.
On 29 Sep 2014 at 12:52am matt wrote:
RE post at 7.53 Yea tarquin,you try to steal cliffes firesite, oh you already tried.
On 29 Sep 2014 at 6:42am Shaz wrote:
I heard that rumour on Saturday night. If it's true then they are bang out of order and it would say a great deal about the society. I am sure that not one of the other societies in the town would try and steal another societies fire site regardless of their circumstances. By the way I'm not in Cliffe I'm a proud South Street member.
On 29 Sep 2014 at 8:31am Humbert wrote:
I wouldn't believe any rumours about any bonfire society as I don't think I've ever heard one that turned out to be true. Mrs.F, every society needs a lot of volunteers this time of year. Best thing you can do is contact them and ask to help make torches or sell programmes or whatever then ask if anyone else helping has a spare. Otherwise place an order now and wait until next year.
On 29 Sep 2014 at 10:23am Disgruntled wrote:
Putting a bid in on Cliffe bonfire society fire site was bang (excuse the pun) out of order! You wonder why you are a disliked society! Ok you have money but no excuses to try and destroy other people's night.
On 29 Sep 2014 at 12:30pm Yawn wrote:
Anyone who believes or passes on rumours about SBS stealing/buying another society's site - do check your FACTS first please, if it's not too much trouble.

On 29 Sep 2014 at 1:10pm interested wrote:
so Yawn, What are the facts?

On 29 Sep 2014 at 1:28pm Yawn wrote:
That's my point - there just seem to be rumours which quickly degenerate into society-bashing. I heard SBS had site issues but why assume they or any other society with a problem would try and fix it in a "bang out of order" way?

On 29 Sep 2014 at 3:06pm More interested wrote:
so Yawn, you don't know the facts and what has been said above could be the facts?
On 29 Sep 2014 at 3:11pm Lance Lighter wrote:
And another rumour doing the rounds has it that SBS had to move from their (2013) fire site due to "meddling" input from a member of one of the other Lewes-based societies...
So, let's not worry about the truth when we can all peddle exciting, divisive, provocative rumours which may, or may not, be almost exactly something totally unlike the truth. Far easier to slag off the other societies than to worry about whether a rumor is true or not.
With the authorities and plods ever keen to wipe Lewes Bonfire (in it's current form, let alone in it's more exciting past form(s) )off the map completely due to H&S excuses, why can't the small minded rumor-mongers in ALL societies keep their traps firmly shut and spend their energy trying to keep Bonfire (as a whole) alive....
I am sure the "powers that be" love to see the societies fighting amongst themsleves, after all, if the societies are busy doing that then they can't work together to keep the authorities at bay.
So much for the Bonfire Boys' (and Belles') motto.
Anyway, good luck to all involved in/on The Fifth, regardless of the colours of your stripes....

On 29 Sep 2014 at 4:07pm HSS Hire wrote:
I think driving a dumper through the SSSI may have been a contributory factor, especially when pictures of said event were published for all to see. Still, everyone's blameless.
On 29 Sep 2014 at 4:07pm Gummy wrote:
Well said Lance Lighter.
On 29 Sep 2014 at 4:11pm Yawn wrote:
Yeah good one LL
On 29 Sep 2014 at 5:49pm shows yer tonsils wrote:
Here Here
On 29 Sep 2014 at 7:34pm 1847 Riot Act wrote:
Never mind - we`ll wear you down with rules and red tape ,CCTV etc. in a couple of decades you won`t be able to buy a box of sparklers in Lewes around the 5th.
On 30 Sep 2014 at 2:04pm Sjep76 wrote:
I have a childs jumper for sale, would fit up to age 6 for 10 if any good to you Mrs F?

14 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Portal 74:132
Lewes Portal

Yeah, I somehow imagine that the pandemic has not been much of a great "leveler" for those poorest in our society. :( more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo