Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

south street bonfire

On 2 Feb 2012 at 2:33pm landport lady wrote:
could some1 tell me if the rumors that all the directors of south street bs have quit if so why??? as the rumors round the town are that they are about to fold ?????

On 2 Feb 2012 at 2:38pm banger boy wrote:
Yeah have heard people talking in the pubs about it. Would like to no whats going on ??

On 2 Feb 2012 at 3:48pm some0ne else wrote:
Oh, that's a shame (if true). Thought they'd started growing again over the last year or two.

On 2 Feb 2012 at 4:52pm Lewes born & bred wrote:
I can assure you that South Street Bonfire IS NOT about to fold and that whatever rumours are going about are excatly that, rumours!

On 3 Feb 2012 at 9:15am landport lady wrote:
hope your right lewes born and bred but was told last nite that all the directors have jacked it all in and this was from a committee member???
On 3 Feb 2012 at 10:58am Guy wrote:
Good. 5 more to go.

On 3 Feb 2012 at 12:39pm bonfire boy wrote:
Theres 7 lewes societys guy so if one was to fold then that would leave 6 do your maths

On 3 Feb 2012 at 12:42pm bang bang wrote:
Theres eight if you include the super phoenix ?

On 3 Feb 2012 at 1:56pm fed wrote:
UP THE PHOENIX . KEEP THEM WALKING

On 3 Feb 2012 at 4:08pm Guido wrote:
Phoenix!!!! A bonfire society? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha now thats a laugh..

On 3 Feb 2012 at 5:20pm bumble bee wrote:
Now now guido they are a bonfire society arnt they ????

On 3 Feb 2012 at 5:26pm landport lady wrote:
This thread started about south street i just wanted to no what was happening not another debate about a walking group acting as a bonfire society.

On 4 Feb 2012 at 10:03am chairmam wrote:
south street have no problems we fine

On 4 Feb 2012 at 2:27pm confused ssbs member wrote:
so who are the directors this year before i renew my membership

On 9 Feb 2012 at 12:44am AYATOLLAH HOGMANNY wrote:
All committee members are elected at the AGM, if any resign then they are replaced by a vote in the society. Society's do not fold on the resignation of a few members, only if no-one else is willing to take up the gauntlet and put the work in...if your that bothered then put yourself forward for the committee and save the Society. They only fold when no-one is willing to put the work in during the year, just turn up on the fifth expecting it all to be just so, and the fairies to have done all the hard work!!!!

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes antiques centre 53:132
Lewes antiques centre

Well it looks as if I can jet off soon , none of the loud mouths with nothing behind them have anything to say, all piss and wind... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare