Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

smashed windscreens in lewes

 
 
On 5 Aug 2008 at 6:25pm wanderer wrote:
so who got their windscreen smashed this morning
ours did and damage to side glass 250 excess car worth 275
hmm 25 what a joke
so car just been scrapped 40 looks like chinese tonight to cheer us up !! anyone else out of the other 12+ cars done on here
 
 
On 5 Aug 2008 at 6:35pm FA wrote:
Where was this wanderer ?
 
 
On 5 Aug 2008 at 6:45pm wanderer wrote:
pells area landport and hill rd ? neville really random
 
 
On 5 Aug 2008 at 6:57pm FA wrote:
Bloody hell....didn't know anything about this. Hope they catch the little c***s and someone gives them a good kicking
 
 
On 5 Aug 2008 at 7:03pm Frak wrote:
That'll be those dfl's again!
 
 
On 5 Aug 2008 at 7:24pm Dunk wrote:
I bet its just poxy kids of whom's behavior is ever increasingly spiraling out of control.
I feal sorry for you guys because i bet no-one will be found for the guilty for the crimes.
 
 
On 5 Aug 2008 at 7:26pm FA wrote:
Or it could be kids from well respected, middle class upbringings who have nothing better to do. Either way, they need sorting
 
 
On 5 Aug 2008 at 7:27pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
That's terrible.
To add insult to injury, your insurance premium will go up if you claim against it and, if caught, the yobs responsible will get a minor fine or ticking off.
Any fine should reflect the cost of damage, the increase in insurance premiums, the inconvienience, and the true cost of the boys in blue & hiring out a court.
 
 
On 5 Aug 2008 at 8:31pm wanderer wrote:
just a real pain in the arse insurance companys are the real criminals advertising free vandal insurance didnt mention the bloody excess nor did they say anything when i got the car like " you are aware sir you car is only worth the excess would i like to pay more to reduce the excess "
never mind i'll lose some fat on my push bike now
 
 
On 5 Aug 2008 at 9:37pm Doris wrote:
Its endless in the Pells. We had our back lights smashed recently, wind screen wipers ripped off this week and the poor old Pells Pool getting burgled... I've called the police at least three times this week! Particular highlight was the kid arrested with a BB gun down at the pond after spending the day shooting at people all over town
 
 
On 5 Aug 2008 at 10:13pm Frak wrote:
Must be the south london dfl's then.
 
 
On 5 Aug 2008 at 10:18pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Apparently there was a commotion in Lansdowne Place and St Nicholas Lane on Friday night - allegedly half a dozen yobs from Brighton smashed flowerpots & window baskets, and hit a Lansdowne Place resident on the head with a lump of concrete. What is going on?
 
 
On 6 Aug 2008 at 12:23am moonface wrote:
noticed that a parking machine had been targeted aswell in the Pells.....
 
 
On 6 Aug 2008 at 8:18am Taff wrote:
Spinster, what is NOT going on is the plod getting on the pavement.
 
 
On 6 Aug 2008 at 11:37am Enoch wrote:
Spinster, there were two residents who confronted the yobs and got injured doing so. With two black eyes and gash over one, the Lansdown Resident who got hit with a rock said he would do it again tomorrow because the little sh1ts should not be allowed to get away with it. Both residents have apprehended vandals or drunk drivers in the past with no thanks from the Police. It seems that we should start to stand up for ourselves and say no. The yobs on Friday were eventually caught only because they were followed and their location pin pointed by members of the public.
 
 
On 6 Aug 2008 at 12:48pm Local wrote:
As the police have apparently been on demanding there should be no racist comments on this site (quite right too) perhaps they'd like to come on now and tell us what proportion of their time they spend on the beat.
 
 
On 6 Aug 2008 at 2:28pm Helpful wrote:
Most policies have a 50 or 60 excess for glass, the usual excess doesn't apply in this case. Do check your documentation before you scrap the car !
 
 
On 6 Aug 2008 at 3:07pm wanderer wrote:
my vehicle as it was a previous write off is now only worth 275 the damage to the 2 windows and door was over half therefore its a writeoff as it was 2 windows thats 2x60 plus planel damage or 250 excess the only exception to this is if they capture and convict i would get the 250back fat chance of that so i scrapped it for 40 and we had a chinese very nice too
 
 
On 6 Aug 2008 at 6:50pm auntie wainwright wrote:
It's easier for the old bill to monitor a website then to actually go on the beat! Their probably scared of being attacked!?
 
 
On 6 Aug 2008 at 9:10pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Also heard that Coopers (funeral directors) were broken into last night - the thieves entering the back, climbing over coffins in order to get to the front shop and making off with the LCD TV in the window.
 
 
On 9 Aug 2008 at 5:30pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
There was a lot of vandalism in Baxter's Field last year. The 'obvious' culprits were Ousedale chav kids, but in fact the boys who were caught were 'nice' middle class boys, one of whom was at St Bede's.


To make amends, the boys were asked to spend a Saturday morning clearing up their mess. One parent objected because it clashed with the little sod's football practice.


I agree with Taff. Where is the bobby on the beat?



16 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Lewes Crest 66:132
Lewes Crest

@TP - the lockdown is economically costly, but I can't even begin to think of the numbers of deaths that would have occurred had... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If you lend someone £20 and don't see them again it was probably worth it.
Dan