Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

service charge

On 16 Jul 2008 at 12:15am service charge wrote:
i'm quite glad today to see that a major newspaper (sorta) has addressed the scandal behind restaurants charging an (optional, not too sure whether that should be "a" because the optional is in brackets) service charge when you eat out. i still think ask politely for the service charge to be taken off and say you will give the tip in cash. i have found 10 times out of ten that the waiting staff prefer this. not so good for the owners p&l but quite nice for the staff. and please always remember to tip at tesco.....especially when they give you extra points for your green bags or your computer at schools vouchers...

On 16 Jul 2008 at 12:24am oh and wrote:
does anyone realise that the top 10 firms make up 50% of the top 100 firms in the uk and if you took them out the (ft100) market would be under half the value it is? boring i know but if you have a pensiom, not so boring. i'd bore you with more facts bout property firms like taylor wimpey, who are worth less than 5% as they were this time last year. buckle up for the ride.

On 16 Jul 2008 at 11:15am sashka wrote:
All the more reason to have proper state pensions!

34 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

English view 35:132
English view

Does the Ellie still show football? Walked past recently and they didn't seem to be showing any. Wanted to see BHA possibly go... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina