Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

seagulls

8
1
On 16 Jun 2016 at 10:12pm pope wrote:
I was driving through Lewes in the early hours of this morning and was shocked to see the state of some of the streets where seagulls had ripped rubbish bags to bits and strewn the contents everywhere. What I would like to know is who clears this rubbish up and why don't the householders put their rubbish out on the morning of collection.
5
9
On 16 Jun 2016 at 10:31pm Cardinal wrote:
Pope do you mean you were driving through Lewes polluting the fresh night air with your engine fumes. Maybe people put their rubbish out at night because we never know what time in the morning it will be collected.
3
5
On 16 Jun 2016 at 10:52pm pope wrote:
You prat Cardinal, you say people put their rubbish out at night because we don't know what time the dustman arrive. Its obvious by saying WE that you are one of the culprits. How about stronger bags or a wheely bin as its obviously an ongoing problem. Or don't you care. By the way I drive an electric powered car.
3
7
On 16 Jun 2016 at 10:55pm Fatbob wrote:
Wheels bins or plastic bins just aren't practical in many houses in Lewes. The trucks start their rounds early so why should people have to get up at 0530 to put the bags out?
6
1
On 16 Jun 2016 at 11:05pm Mavis wrote:
Anyone else but me, noticed just how thin the black bags have become, almost unfit for purpose really now, you have to double bag your rubbish these days, which seems to defeat the purpose. Plus I'm not getting up before dawn just to suit the dustmen. Sorry Dustpeople !!
 
5
On 16 Jun 2016 at 11:10pm Jerry wrote:
Amazing! A forum story with a referendum slant. Ooops... sorry
1
2
On 16 Jun 2016 at 11:22pm Tango wrote:
Pope: "by the way I drive an electric powered car" yeah right I bet you do! You sure you didn't just make that up?
1
 
On 17 Jun 2016 at 6:50am in the night wrote:
Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies.
1
2
On 17 Jun 2016 at 8:16am pope wrote:
Fatbob & Mavis I do despair by your negative attitude. I just hope the dustman boycott your rubbish in future ( Why should I get up early to suit the dustman, How selfish ). Tango and in the night, yes I did lie about my car being electric, its actually a wind up one.
1
1
On 17 Jun 2016 at 9:28am Cardinal wrote:
Very irreligious language from the Pope. I don't know what the church is coming to.
1
 
On 17 Jun 2016 at 9:45am FoxyLady wrote:
I live up Western Road where this is a common problem. I've also seen a 'team' of foxes pulling the bins bags apart. Wheelie bins are not an option as the pavements are too narrow. The bags are too thin but that's the same as everything these days - all about profit & quality can go hang itself.
I am not a selfish person but I'm sorry, I'm not setting my alarm for 5.30am to put the bins out. The seagulls/foxes nearly always plump for the same bins - mine has never been touched & I wonder if it is because I recycle all my food stuffs into the council-provided caddies. Clearly the people whose bins bags get destroyed don't as you can see from the mess in the street. I will say however that my neighbours are always very quick to come out in the morning & clear the mess away.
1
1
On 17 Jun 2016 at 2:27pm Fleetwood Raincoat wrote:
Tango - In the Night - little lies etc.Someone's having a giraffe or maybe an Albatross
1
 
On 17 Jun 2016 at 2:33pm James Hendricks wrote:
FoxyLady I gave you a thumbs up.
1
3
On 18 Jun 2016 at 11:17am pope wrote:
FoxyLady, You have said it all, Buy thicker bin bags and don't put food stuff in the bags. Simple, if this don't work take your rubbish down Ham lane once a week, surely this is better than clearing up all the rubbish caused by foxes etc.
Getting away from this subject, Don't forget to vote OUT.


23 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

The Ouse upstream 120:132
The Ouse upstream

P.S. this is becoming a habit but what the hell? You may need a little help so may I refer you to you tube~ Richard Werner the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde