Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

remembrance weekend in Lewes

On 15 Nov 2017 at 6:21pm Theresa's Philip wrote:
There is nothing "Patriotic" about wearing, or not wearing a poppy - we remember the war dead of all nations, not just the UK
On 15 Nov 2017 at 6:57pm Clifford wrote:
You're right, of course, but for our more stupid brethren it's a symbol of whether you're 'one of us' or not.
On 15 Nov 2017 at 7:23pm Corbyn's girlfriend wrote:
It's not abbout wearing a poppy or being patriotic. Rememberance is all about thanking the casualties of war for their sacrifice in order that we can now enjoy a free world.Even the freedom to lampoon the polititians, who are there to save us from anarchy.
On 15 Nov 2017 at 9:32pm Pedant wrote:
Corbyn's girlfriend it would help if you could spell the word that describes what you think is so important. I have a friend who rose to the rank of Lt Colonel. We were talking about a war memorial in Italy and I mentioned all the battles are ones the Italians lost. My friend said that's not the point of a war memorial. It's not to remember victories or losses or your absurd 'enjoy a free world'. We're remembering people who died before their time because politicians told them to. He was a soldier. I don't know whether you were or weren't but I think he was closer to the truth.

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Through the Barbican 125:132
Through the Barbican

You've read the puff pieces to attract the investors. Now read the spec.for the vaccine if you're interested, it's your life. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine