Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

prohibitive Lewes

On 25 Mar 2009 at 10:43am tom wrote:
I visited your pretty town on Sunday to look visit Lewes Castle and the open market. While there I witnessed the clamping of two vehicles and saw people paying for parking in metered car parks where the signs didn't clearly show that it wasn't necessary on a Sunday...
As I strolled through the town, I realised that you live in a penalty obsessed environment. No standard metered parking and an abundance of warning signs and profiteering.
I'm sorry that I won't be returning to your town. I can't afford to!
Please turn on your authorities before the damage is done.
It's unattractive and corrupt. Tourism and commerce will fail.

On 25 Mar 2009 at 11:09am Traveller wrote:
I went to Polegate on Monday,and watched cars being parked all over the town with no need to buy a ticket,no wardens to be seen anywhere...

On 26 Mar 2009 at 7:31pm juliet99 wrote:
Errm...the signs in the car park say Monday to Saturday. That usually implies that it isn't necessary on a Sunday, unless you can't read.

On 26 Mar 2009 at 8:26pm Lopster wrote:
Tom - agree with your sentiment wholeheartedly BUT Juliet99 is quite correct - car park is a safe bet on Sunday - even if the skunks patrol the streets - I must check the "meters" can't say I've ever used street parking

On 26 Mar 2009 at 10:53pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Sorry to hear about your predicament Tom - NCP are over zealous

On 27 Mar 2009 at 3:10am extremely gullible wrote:
Don't be fooled, Tom is made up. Any tourist obsessed with and closely observing our parking arrangements and posting it on here when it's not his mother tongue must be a bunny boiler. I don't agree with the parking scheme though.

On 28 Mar 2009 at 7:12pm Dave F wrote:
I went to Brighton yesterday and paid £9.60 for 3 hours parking in Church St. Think I'll start saving now for the next time I have to go in by car

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Potting Shed Lewes 122:132
The Potting Shed Lewes

Get a cat? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Believe you can or believe you can't... Either way you're right