Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

parking tickets

On 8 Mar 2005 at 10:09pm mr pa wrote:
if nobody was to get issued tickets & they all got told "dont so it again" do you think that they would stop doing it, seriously?
many ppl on lewes actually think that the parking schemes a imporvement. its just the minority that dont.

On 9 Mar 2005 at 7:46am The Super K wrote:
WHAT EVER!!!!
How has charging someone to park in a place they were already allowed to park improved congestion in lewes?
People still park on the yellow lines where ever they like safe in the knowledge that the men in red coats are in the car parks waiting for your ticket to run out.
AND STILL PEOPLE PARK ALL DAY IN EAST GATE WHARF ON THE DOUBLE YELLOWS AND GET NO TICKETS.
If the parking scheme is extended to include all the estates in lewes then all that will happen is that all the gardens will disappear and be made into driveways so that people don't have to pay to park outside there own house! THEN I EXPECT THE COUNCIL WILL INTRODUCE A DRIVEWAY TAX!!!!!

On 9 Mar 2005 at 8:34am Chem wrote:
Having been fined 30 in the first week of its start in Lewes I stated then in this Forum that my Wife and I (retired) would no longer after twenty odd years visit Lewes each Saturday to do our various shopping but spend our money in our own town of Eastbourne.
So far we have with the exception of a Christmas visit to one Gentlemans outfitters for sons Exmas present we have stuck with this decision.
Altho I appealed and got my 30 refunded I will not return to our weekly trips and I still feel that this is another money making drive on the easy target the motorist,I hear from many directions the comments of local,s in Lewes against this money grabbing scheme, I feel sorry for you all.
Wonder how many like my wife and I have been so put off by Lewes,s decision to go this way, must make some difference in the tills of Lewes traders

On 9 Mar 2005 at 8:45am paex wrote:
As a frequent visitor to Lewes I am amazed how much easier it is to drive through the town. Southover High Street used to be a nighmare with cars all over the pavement and on double yellow lines. If you can't pay the fine don't do the crime. The parking scheme is only an inconvenience to people who think the rules don't apply to them.Think ourself lucky you dont live in Brighton with an 18 month waiting list for a permit.

On 9 Mar 2005 at 11:09am Chem wrote:
It might be easier to drive thro Lewes but its still the parking thats the problem, personally I find it more desirable and easier to use the bypass full stop now, as for Brighton not my choice of the most desirable of towns to live in.

On 9 Mar 2005 at 11:49am Smiler wrote:
What absolute rubbish! I drive along Southover High Street every day and it is no different now than it was before the scheme.

On 9 Mar 2005 at 12:35pm paex wrote:
I think that if you oppose the scheme you tend to look through rose cloured glasses. It was always warmer, the summers were longer, we used to leave our door unlocked etc.The simple fact is it has improved the congestion problems in the town but lewes folk never accept that they are the problem it's always someone elses fault.

On 9 Mar 2005 at 4:28pm me wrote:
ha ha ha Super K. I know many people who are converting there once lovely gardens into parking bays because even if extending the scheme gets voted against, our greedy councillors won't be able to resist the revenue it will generate and bring it in anyway. hhhhmmmm does that not give the ole greenies a conflict of interest i.e ban the satan machine (the car) but on the other hand we can't destroy all our greenery because it will leave the dogs nowhere to crap!

On 10 Mar 2005 at 9:28am dog owner wrote:
how come i could be hit with a 500 fine if my dog does his business on the ground and horses who leave a much bigger mess get away with it?

On 10 Mar 2005 at 11:28am Prol wrote:
Doggy doo's no good for roses.

On 10 Mar 2005 at 12:10pm paex wrote:
My dog eats horse s**t. Do horses eat dogs s**t?

On 10 Mar 2005 at 3:47pm me wrote:
Bloody hell. Thats up there with chicken and egg etc. Made me chuckle tho!

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pells Pond 96:132
Pells Pond

There is not so much of a housing shortage; more a case of not enough households for preferred lifestyles. In the past, single... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like tea and faerie cakes on the Castle Green
NCG