Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

new bonfire routes

On 8 Feb 2012 at 1:44pm forever bonfire wrote:
Have just heard from a csbs member that there chairman has proposed that all lewes societys should stay out of the town on the 5th and march in there own areas apart from when they march to the war memorial ??? Cant help but think this would be a fantastic idea. About time one of the bonfire societys had a big shake up and made some changes. If this is true big weldone to csbs chairman ???
On 8 Feb 2012 at 1:48pm Grammar wrote:
their chairman
their own areas
plural of society is societies
well done
Otherwise, can you clarify the actual routes bonfire societies would take ?

On 8 Feb 2012 at 1:54pm forever bonfire wrote:
sorry if my spelling is not the best but cant help being dyslexic. Dont really no it was said in a passing conversation. Just wanted to say i thought it was a good idea. Dont think ill bother in the future.

On 8 Feb 2012 at 2:09pm Me-mo wrote:
Ohhh. New routes. That would be good. Although i do like it that the societies all come together at some point. Will keep an ear out for that - Thanks forever bonfire.

On 8 Feb 2012 at 2:38pm Alexander Lemming wrote:
Not true i'm afraid.

On 8 Feb 2012 at 2:58pm csbs born and bred wrote:
I can confirm that the chairman has made this sugestion at a meeting

On 8 Feb 2012 at 4:31pm Alexander Lemming wrote:
Then you should know better than to air anything that has been said in a meeting on a public forum, shame on you.

On 8 Feb 2012 at 6:23pm KENDO CASTER wrote:
A public meeting and a public forum. Thats what were here for.

On 8 Feb 2012 at 6:26pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
If they all stay in their own areas, the town centre would be a bit quiet. The crowds would be roaming all over the place like headless chickens. It would be chaos.

On 8 Feb 2012 at 7:37pm Bazooka Joe wrote:
Yes ACT, but wouldn't it be a great larf!

On 8 Feb 2012 at 7:46pm SMUGGLER IN THE CASTLE wrote:
This has been spoken about down the ele . I for one am right behind a big shake up as am fed up marching into the town to be met by morons throwing fireworks from the crowd and then even more morons who think they can just wander into ranks and try and ruin our wonderful night. The crowds are a big problem and not being anywhere near them would make a great night even better. I really hope this is something csbs are thinking about. Im sure many members feel the same.
HOLD EM UP COMMERCIAL
On 8 Feb 2012 at 8:34pm True To Each Other wrote:
I think this is a great idea.
The bonfire societies can go into town and the Carnival societies ( CSBS and Phoenix ) can walk up and down Sun Street.

On 8 Feb 2012 at 8:59pm daydreamer wrote:
I am surprised that the bonfire council meetings are PUBLIC ! true to each other that comment is sooooo last year ! boring !

On 9 Feb 2012 at 8:27am Chinese whispers wrote:
send three and four pence we are going to advance !! forever bonfire thats not quite what was said ,
On 9 Feb 2012 at 12:08pm Penguin wrote:
Why does anyone think this is such a great idea? I can't see the sense of it personally. Where would everyone go? How far does Commercial's 'own area' stretch for instance. Would they just walk up and down between the Elephant and Castle and the old police station all night? Would the Cliffe walk backwards and forwards between Cliffe Corner and Cliffe Bridge? Both cases would require ranks of 15 to fit everyone in the space. And then you would have the crowd on top of that. Thinking they would stay in the town centre where nothing was happening is a little naive! Then you would have Borough claiming the whole town as 'their' area.

On 9 Feb 2012 at 1:28pm buzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:
Daydreamer why do you mention bonfire council meetings ? has it been talked about there aswell ???

On 9 Feb 2012 at 1:43pm mr bumble wrote:
Im not on the bonco council but have seen this in a copy of the minutes. ?

On 9 Feb 2012 at 2:05pm Old Cynic wrote:
Why bother at all!
On 9 Feb 2012 at 3:58pm Dr Placebo wrote:
I've got a good route....Park at Tide Mills and assemble in the car park. Head in a southerly direction, keep going south, south again, south a bit more.....bye bye

On 9 Feb 2012 at 5:04pm I HATE SOME PEOPLE wrote:
AFTER YOU DR PLACEBO. BONFIRE HERE LONG BEFORE YOU AND WILL BE A LONG TIME AFTER YOU.

On 9 Feb 2012 at 6:21pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
And how would Cliffe get to their site? They'd have to cross South Street's site if they didn't go into the centre of town and via Southover.
Damn fool idea. Maybe someone thought it was April already.

On 9 Feb 2012 at 7:24pm Daydreamer wrote:
Buzzzzzz why would he propose all societies at his own committee meeting ?? Thats why I thought it was lbc !

On 9 Feb 2012 at 9:13pm padster wrote:
like your style Dr Placebo.......like your stlye.......

On 10 Feb 2012 at 10:30am Penguin wrote:
Nice try Dr Placebo, but you are forgetting that we can walk on water!

On 10 Feb 2012 at 1:20pm Ed Can Do wrote:
It's a bit of a silly idea really. It's hard enough for the police and stewards to keep the crowd out of the street when the procession is coming as it is, let alone if every society was meandering around their own route at their own pace. Cliffe already have their own route since their split with the Bonfire Council whenever it was and Southover like to make up their route as they go along and I think that probably causes enough of a logistical headache as it is.

Anyway, it'd be incredibly boring for people to watch a procession of just CSBS members. All those smugglers with no other, more imaginative costumes to look at...

On 10 Feb 2012 at 2:02pm General Custard wrote:
I've heard they've banned guernseys as well.

On 10 Feb 2012 at 2:17pm Gryff Fookes wrote:
Well I never. Another thread full of complete twaddle. Why has no one mentioned that all societies are planning to merge and call themselves Lewes Bonfire society?

On 10 Feb 2012 at 2:45pm no popery wrote:
You all make me laugh complete rubbish all this talk. There will be no shake up and no change to anything that happens on the 5th. all gossip started by someone who has no idea about bonfire and lewes. It was all about south street directors last week now its all about commercial square chairman whos turn next week cliffe ? waterloo? borough?. Get a life and leave bonfire out of silly forum chit chat.

On 10 Feb 2012 at 3:04pm Alan Autumn wrote:
Are you telling me that what I heard about torches being replaced with LED's is wrong?

On 10 Feb 2012 at 7:07pm Finger Bob wrote:
Sorry, misread the subject bar (had hoped this thread would be about new bonfire tottie)

On 10 Feb 2012 at 9:33pm khan of khans wrote:
well said no popery best thing that has been written on this link.

On 10 Feb 2012 at 9:40pm horny helmet wrote:
All rubbish there will be no change. And even if there was csbs would not be taken the lead as they are all sheep dressed as bumble bees.

On 11 Feb 2012 at 10:07am Cliffe Member wrote:
Tool.

4 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Rugby Club 78:132
Lewes Rugby Club

I always thought it was a brilliant little magazine, Iíll miss their great front covers coming through the door more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde