Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

just a rant

On 18 May 2011 at 11:42am lovelewes wrote:
hello, im a single mother of a 3 year old boy, iv been homeless for a year and had to go through the council to make sure my sons future is a good one, settled atleast, im a young mum by age but i wouldnt consider myself to be the typical 'young mum' that you see alot of around lewes, i dont have any friends that have children at my sons age as i find it hard due to my age to make the right friends... iv now been offered a flat in the centre of lewes, new builds by southern housing, im overwhelmed and very happy... nothing else matters than geeting a home, but i cant help but worrie about the sort of people who are also being given such a wounderfull place to live... people that will be living around me... iv heard some people being moved already have flats in landport... there are people out there who really deserve this and dont have anywere.... but get pushed back... i suppose im writing this just to rant... also to ask i suppose, would older... 'middle class' mothers befriend a younger more alternitive mum of a very lovely boy...? i syoped going to groups because i felt judged!!
sorry for any spelling mistakes...

On 18 May 2011 at 12:40pm Vesbod wrote:
You're a human being just like the rest of use, hold your head high and look people in the face, and never feel judged by anyone !

On 18 May 2011 at 1:45pm Shirley wrote:
Hi there,
I'm an older mum (nearly 50!) of a boy who's nearly three and have been to a few playgroups, where everyone has been lovely.
I work 4 days a week so am only really around on a Friday, but would meet up with you sometime?
I also work in housing, so I'm familiar with what you describe as your circumstances.
Shirley

On 18 May 2011 at 2:07pm Madame Bovary wrote:
Lovelewes: sending you lots of good luck wishes, and I hope you will be very happy in your new flat. You will soon make friends.

On 18 May 2011 at 2:40pm lovelewes wrote:
thank you very much for the kind words... it helps...
shirley that would be lovely...
email me... jessie_grimes@yahoo.co.uk
having another parent to talk to with children/child around the same age would be a god send...

On 18 May 2011 at 4:15pm LoveLewes2Grandma wrote:
I worried about that...middle class mums judging you. You are bright and mostly happy and 3yr old very sweet. Look how brave you've been having a rant. There are good people out there and all-sorts of alternative types. Gma

On 18 May 2011 at 4:18pm Clifford wrote:
Can't do much to help lovelewes - but best of luck. You sound like you deserve it.

On 18 May 2011 at 7:20pm bastian wrote:
if you have a friday and the all saints toddler group is still going give it a go, our kids loved it and it was a mixed bunch of very alternative people at times,good luck.

On 18 May 2011 at 9:06pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
Try Tiddler and Toddlers, Ringmer Village Hall on Mondays and Thursdays 9.30 until 11.30. The best one we go to though is Kings Tots (based at Kings Church) on Friday mornings 9.30 until 11.30. The people there are lovely and the toys are clean, and there is as much tea and toast as you want. There is a waiting list so put your name down asap.

On 18 May 2011 at 10:07pm kevsy wrote:
all saints still going although needs support, its great. Is the one at Kings Church related to th errrrr church in any way?

On 18 May 2011 at 10:27pm lovelewes wrote:
thank you for the suggestions... i like the all saints so will try that again as its close to me ...

On 18 May 2011 at 10:33pm Winterbourne Wanderer wrote:
Wednesdays at the All Saints for the toy library - children can play with the toys while parents get tea - very friendly.

On 19 May 2011 at 12:14pm maggiemoos wrote:
Hi, i know some people moving in there and they are lovley, there are lots of nice people with children in town that i am sure you will meet of all ages.

On 19 May 2011 at 1:44pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
Kevsy, yes it is run by King's Church but they don't push religion down your throat. It's just run by a team of the most friendly people I have ever met.
On 21 May 2011 at 11:39am Neighbours wrote:
I wouldn't worry about your future neighbours. They'll probably all be much like yourself, people who decided that having a kid and living off benefits was a better career path than getting a job and earning a living.

On 22 May 2011 at 3:48pm lovelewes wrote:
im shocked at how rude that is!! everyone has reasons why there life has gone a certain way and events that happen in peoples life that cannot be helped!!! its not about the fact we may all have children, its about peoples attitude... and clearly... yours stinks!!
On 22 May 2011 at 4:04pm pedantic wrote:
Neighbours = tw@ of the century. What pond did you crawl out from ?

On 22 May 2011 at 4:17pm Decent Citizen wrote:
I too have no time for the young who produce willy nilly but,Lovelewes sounds to me like a young lady doing the best in her circumstances,obviously has her childs best interests at the forefront. None of us know the history,so remarks like neighbours were entirely uncalled for.Good luck to you and your child,I hope one day your circumstances change.

On 22 May 2011 at 4:20pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Neighbours, I understand to an extent what you said but,leave a little leeway for the decent ones eh?

On 22 May 2011 at 4:25pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Lovelewes. If you contact WEBBO I am happy for you to have my email address.I am a grandma who has lived in Lewes a long time. If I can be of any help to you please let WEBBO know.
On 22 May 2011 at 7:44pm lovelewes wrote:
thank you very much, one of my reasons for worrieing about who i will be living around is because i also dislike the sorts that have babies because they can, just pop them out for bigger housing and more money, its discusting... i wonder if some people have brain cells!! parenthood is not an easy task! and my son is my priority! im very greatfull for what iv been given and i assure you once my son and i are settled i will be moving into the working world and supporting us both instead of finding ways to stay on benefits, i can safely say im not the average 'young council mum' thank you for those words of support! xx

16 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Lewes Penny 119:132
The Lewes Penny

Ah but if they came on your land the owners would be trespassing. Cats are the worst offenders and seagulls, do they aim at cars? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the Walking to Mount Caburn at the weekend, Lounging about in Southover Grange Gardens eating strawberry ice cream in summertime, Proms in the Paddock, wicked night
A Kane