Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

huw jones

On 25 Sep 2010 at 8:56am huw jones wrote:
It would appear that according to the Sussex Express I have aged and changed political affiliations as well.
Sorry to those who thought I was a thirty something left winger.

On 25 Sep 2010 at 9:16am Hammer wrote:
Always thought you were a 35 year old midfielder Huw. Enjoy the game today. Up the Hammers !!!

On 25 Sep 2010 at 10:39am Pedant wrote:
Who?

On 25 Sep 2010 at 10:53am fruitfly wrote:
Didn't he produce Echo and the Bunnymen,amongst others?

On 25 Sep 2010 at 12:31pm Fruitbat wrote:
There's a Welsh hockey player called Huw Jones. Does that help?

On 25 Sep 2010 at 1:25pm Northern bigot wrote:
Regarding Tory Huw, photographed with Cameron, page 4. Correction Lewes was a traditional Conservative town, unfortunately no longer, Baker will have done 18 years, should the good lord preserve him until 2015. What made it a conservative town , its values,people and a substancial patriotic working class vote, have died out, or been replaced by outsiders, the politically correct or self obsessed like the Smiths and Britains oldest mother. Its a good thing youve lost your hair, as you would have been pulling it out trying to bring back the tory years in Lewes!

On 25 Sep 2010 at 2:11pm Clifford wrote:
'patriotic working class'.... 'politically correct'... You know of course that 'patriotism' is also a form of political correctness - my country right or wrong, my mother drunk or sober.

On 25 Sep 2010 at 6:33pm Northern bigot wrote:
"My mother drunk or sober" sounds like a game old bird? The reason why the tories unlike the liberals remained a party of government in the 20th century, was that it could get support from all classes. Now particularly in our cities , a once strong working class tory vote has died out. Being patriotic and proud to be British, was once identified with the party.

On 25 Sep 2010 at 8:23pm Clifford wrote:
What does 'proud to be British' mean? I love English towns and the countryside because I was born and grew up here and know them best. I also love parts of France, Italy, Spain, San Francisco, Boston. But what does 'proud' mean?

On 26 Sep 2010 at 12:59pm Northern bigot wrote:
Feeling honoured or pleased by some distinction. Yes, favouritism to a degree, as exists in all the other places you mention. Having been to the USA, you will know especially when it ciomes to news coverage, its as if the rest of the world doesnt exist.

On 27 Sep 2010 at 7:56pm Peter Byron wrote:
America thrives on work and money, neither my priorities! Excuse the spelling have had a fine chablis (or 2) trust me, with my family probs you would all be on the hard stuff ha ha. Best, Peter

On 28 Sep 2010 at 6:14pm Clifford wrote:
Yes, Northern Bigot, I know exactly what you mean about US parochialism. And a bit too much flag-waving there for my taste - I always think too much display denotes a bit of self-doubt.

On 1 Oct 2010 at 7:44pm Peter Byron wrote:
US! Most racist country I have ever visited, and I have visited a few my friends. Cheers Clifford. Peter

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Queen clown 99:132
Queen clown

Thank you Nevill man, some people are so selfish and donít understand the mental health of youngers more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
There are no ordinary moments
Dan