Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

dog mess

On 8 Apr 2013 at 7:06pm uckersbarry wrote:
come for a afternoon in lewes walked through the cliffe on to friars walk around to the priory ruins a lot of dog poo on the pavements i had my dog with me he did one on cliffe bridge i picked mine up and put it in the bin if you see a dog owner not picking it up ask him why you moan about graffiti but i think dog poo is a lot worse

On 8 Apr 2013 at 7:09pm drone wrote:
Also gives responsible dog owners a bad name

On 8 Apr 2013 at 10:33pm Dan wrote:
Dogs should be kept on a lead in the town center, that way if the dog stops for a S*?t the owner has the obligation to pick it up - many dog owners have their dog's off the lead and walk 10 feet ahead not giving a damm what their dog is up to behind them - there the ones you want to watch.

On 9 Apr 2013 at 12:39am Pedant wrote:
they're

On 9 Apr 2013 at 12:12pm stevied wrote:
What is it about Cliffe Bridge? My dog seems to hold it in all day just so he can empty his bowels on the bridge! And yes, he is on a lead and I do pick it up...
On 9 Apr 2013 at 6:19pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Blimey, my dog has about 3 dumps on every walk, whether it's round the block to the letterbox or Blackcap and back.
And I do pick it up, unless we're in open countryside.
On 9 Apr 2013 at 7:00pm Countryside Lover wrote:
Annette Curtin-Twitcher: Can you tell me why you think it is ok for your dog to foul open countryside. It is where I and many others choose to walk and picnic etc. You should be responsible for clearing up everything. Why should my kids be in danger because of your selfishness?
On 9 Apr 2013 at 8:50pm uckersbarry wrote:
what about all the people with cats not one cat owner has ever picked the poo up so dont worry about in the country side cats are vermin

On 9 Apr 2013 at 9:28pm Horseman7 wrote:
Correction uckersbarry,

I have a dog and three cats and clear up after all of them.
On 10 Apr 2013 at 1:01pm Just one thing.... wrote:
Oh yes Horsemen, so you follow your cats around, day and night, and go into your neighbour's gardens to clear up after them? Yeah right...

On 10 Apr 2013 at 6:45pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Because open countryside is full of poo - sheep, cattle, fox, badger etc. And my dogs are very private, and like to crap right by bushes or in undergrowth.
If they went on paths or by gates etc, then I would pick it up.

On 10 Apr 2013 at 8:08pm Local wrote:
i think that's just about OK. It never ceases to amaze me how many people at Landport Bottom ask why I'm picking up as "it's agricultural land; you don't have to".
Because dog sh1t is horrible to come across anywhere, stupid!

On 17 Apr 2013 at 10:50am Amanda wrote:
Does anyone have any sensible advice on how to stop your cat c****ing in your next door neighbours' gardens? I inherited my cat recently and so not completely up on these things yet. He stopped using his kitty-litter tray and started preferring my neighbours gardens. I know he's got to go somewhere but (a) is it true they don't do it in their own backyard and (b) are there any effective deterents out there, e.g plants or devices I could buy for my neighbours? We're really good friends but I know they are really suffering. I wish he'd go and do it in the bit of waste land behind our houses or in my yard in a kitty-litter tray, but I'm learning cats do pretty much what they like ...

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Railway Land Bridge 100:132
Railway Land Bridge

Come back Tom. None of it is meant personally and you know I really do like you in real life. I am interested to know what your... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams