Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

dirty washing

On 12 May 2008 at 12:59pm Directions wrote:
Does anyone know the rules with neighbours keeping birds outdoors that crap on your washing? can we shoot them by any chance?

On 12 May 2008 at 3:29pm TheGoodKing wrote:
Did your mum never tell you not to air your dirty washing in public!
(sorry,had to do it)

On 12 May 2008 at 3:43pm directions wrote:
ha. I more than likely would have done the same. Those dam birds. Wakey races i keep singing to myself

On 12 May 2008 at 3:48pm TheGookKing wrote:
How about a pet sparrowhawk?

On 12 May 2008 at 5:14pm Directions wrote:
ah ha.... Never thought of that. Any idea how much something like that would cost, Because these bloody homing pigeons and doves are doing my head in, my washing and my guttering...

On 12 May 2008 at 6:42pm The Super K wrote:
You can buy fake Owls and put them up. That should work!

On 12 May 2008 at 6:57pm Directions wrote:
Thanks for the tip Super K.

On 12 May 2008 at 7:41pm Dunk wrote:
Unfortunately, and i do mean unfortunately, it is illegal to kill homing pigeons or any other "domesticated" birds. It sounds to me that they are a damn pain in the backside and you could posibly have grounds to complain to the council if they are a nuisance. (not too mention the health risks of large amounts of pigeon crap - seriosly! Not trying to scare you, but its your garden and you didnt ask for it im sure.

On 12 May 2008 at 7:52pm Directions wrote:
It's ok Dunk i was'nt really going to shoot them but it does'nt stop me from thinking it. My neighbour even had the dam cheek to complain when she saw my cat catching one in our garden. Maybe thats what i should do, borrow half a dozen cats for 6 months and let them do the work. On a serious note, i might just get intouch with the council and see what they have to say. Thanks for your help and advice.

On 12 May 2008 at 8:49pm s.oliver wrote:
Sometimes bird cages require planning permission. I would call Planning dept. and Environmental health. If your neighbour is vaguely reasonable you could explain the problem, maybe suggesting an arrangement where you dont have wasing and birds out at the same time, I don't think anyone would think you haven't got a reason to be a bit irritated!

On 12 May 2008 at 9:48pm Directions wrote:
Thanks Oliver, your all so helpful.

On 13 May 2008 at 8:09am Brians mate wrote:
Directions - you mean 'you're all so helpful'

On 13 May 2008 at 8:21am directions wrote:
It's to early in the morning for spelling correction, dont pick on me please :-), you know what i ment :-)

On 13 May 2008 at 6:30pm Dunk wrote:
Ha Ha, I think its quite funny that Brian's mate is watching over our shoulder correcting us! Brian's mate, you're alright, mate!

On 13 May 2008 at 9:05pm directions wrote:
Cat got another one.... Yipee

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Assad farewell 6:132
Assad farewell

Hello. I was also recently looking for the perfect place for a photo shoot. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell