Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

danger to the community

On 25 May 2012 at 1:43pm Motorbike safety wrote:
Hi, How can you deal with a biker who drives with excessive speed and noise through a residential estate, without any consideration for others.
I'm talking about the rider in Orchard road who drives through Malling at high revs in first gear dressed like an understudy for a cheap super hero flick.
Whilst I recognise he has issues, I would like some suggestions on how to "help" him before someone is hurt.

On 25 May 2012 at 4:01pm Extra wrote:
Note the times days dates place and registration number and report to crimestoppers free, otherwise call your local police with the same details.

On 27 May 2012 at 1:29am The Quiet Man wrote:
Follow him and f**k his bike up. Simples.

On 27 May 2012 at 12:19pm Motorbike safety wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions, will probably go with Extra's and then advertise any case no. issued to others on the estate so the scale of the problem can be assessed.
Quiet Man - unfortunately the bike is parked off road, no doubt in some poster filled den of shiny, little used tools with a WD40/deep heat aroma. Otherwise I would have already left a "polite" note on it.

On 29 May 2012 at 9:01am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I wouldn't worry. If he drives at high revs in first gear he'll blow his engine up before long.
What sort of bike is it?

On 30 May 2012 at 3:08pm Bob wrote:
What's the problem high revs in first gear ? I've seen this biker and followed him . Never speeds in the areas I've seen it . As long as they arnt speeding why worry ?

On 30 May 2012 at 7:11pm Wizzee wrote:
Just remember its 30 for a reason young man!! I have been riding bikes for 25 years and and its people like you who give bikers a bad name. He probably needs a girlfreind.

On 30 May 2012 at 7:47pm Triumph wrote:
At least with a Loud pipe on a fast bike you can hear it coming ... Not a problem with me, it might be loud but it don't mean its speeding..you stand more chance of being run over by an electric car in oh so green Lewes...

On 30 May 2012 at 8:00pm wizzee wrote:
I would rather have a modern electric ( green car ) than a Triumph dolamite. Maybe he would be better with an electric bike as they don't make any noise.

On 30 May 2012 at 8:17pm tut tut wrote:
Watch him around the corners, he may have an urge to go straight on!
On 31 May 2012 at 10:17am Jay Da Muss wrote:
This fools running a Suzuki GSXR 600 limited to 30bhp. I expect he has to make such a sizeable amount of noise as possible to make up for other areas he is lacking in size. He needs to learn it's not how much noise your bike makes, it's how you ride your bike.
On 31 May 2012 at 7:55pm Biker wrote:
What's with all you busy bodies, have you lot got nothing better to do than sit on your arse all day on your computers moaning about irrelevant crap!
No I'm not the biker in question and nor am I a biker but I do know for a fact that the engine won't blow up when revving high in 1st gear at low speeds.
You lot need to get a life rather than moan about someone that isn't doing any harm and is just out on their bike living there life.
Ps if you hadn't noticed but pretty much all bikes are loud!!! You obv haven't heard a Harley, that's much louder than what your all moaning about it!!
Maybe you should all just turn your hearing aids down then you won't hear it!

On 31 May 2012 at 9:40pm Motorbike safety wrote:
Biker as my original post, this guy in question p*sses around the estate and WILL cause someone a problem sooner or later. It's only about the noise because he obviously likes to hear his little toy go brum brum and then pop bang as the unspent fuel is burnt off.
Speed is the issue. So yes, he is affecting others.
A good biker he isn't, a safe biker he isn't.
How are you passing subjective comments about noise levels of a harley when you know nothing about it???
Please don't insult others when you can't even spell properly.

On 31 May 2012 at 9:50pm Motorbike safety wrote:
Sorry, I meant to thank Jay Da Muss for identifying the bike, you are correct and it sports a blue cigarette rolling paper motif on the side.
If you see it, steer clear.

Quite literally.

On 31 May 2012 at 10:03pm Biker wrote:
Clearly you need to get a lesson in English because I cannot see any spelling mistakes!
Ha what a hypocrite! Telling me to not insult others when that's all your bl***y doing!
People like you NEED to get a LIFE!
Quite literally!

On 31 May 2012 at 10:33pm Maureen wrote:
I'm a 68 year old woman who lives on this estate, I have hearing problems but I can STILL hear this biker riding around . I have to say though I find it hard to be cross with him as he looks so striking in those lovely leathers. I would most definitely invite him into my house for a cup of tea.

On 1 Jun 2012 at 10:40am tut tut wrote:
Maureen, you sound a lot like his own mother!
to quote 118247 - (ohhhhh shes' cheap!)

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes busker 60:132
Lewes busker

90% of the adult population have had 1 vaccine already in the UK, with around 82% double dosed. It would come as no surprise that... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa