Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

brighton and hove alboin footrball stadium

 
 
On 19 May 2006 at 10:22pm darren hensby wrote:
hi i just wondered why lewes counsil were getting in the way of us having our stadium,its not gonna affect anyone in lewes or the surrounding areas.this is really pathitic that you get involved. we need a new stadium its vital for our football existatance,please mail me back,,,,,,,,,,,,yours angerly
darren hensby
 
 
On 20 May 2006 at 1:21pm Mark rolfe wrote:
try spelling it like this
Brighton and Hove Albion football stadium.
Its Lewes Council by the way. we are still waiting to hear back after two jag's cocked things up.
 
 
On 21 May 2006 at 7:43am Mystic mog wrote:
It is Lewes District Council by the way. Note the word "District".
 
 
On 21 May 2006 at 2:34pm Mark rolfe wrote:
is it lib-dems? do you mean because they control the council
 
 
On 21 May 2006 at 11:37pm lopster wrote:
Too many councils - Parish Council, Rural Council, Lewes County Council, Lewes DISTRICT Council, Lewes Council, Lewes TOWN Council, City Council??? (the only worthwhile one in the town it would seem, is the Bonfire Council (or is it Bonfires?)) - how in Gods name are we supposed to know who to complain to when "they" can't get it right in our locale without "them" chucking our complaints in the bin because its gone to the wrong quango? how do we know which one we're ever voting for and what power they've got? keep the public confused - and as for those bl@@dy bollards opposite Seymours - how are we supposed to keep craft fairs and the like going in the Town Hall? - I drove up from the station on Saturday morning and the road was stuffed with estate cars unloading little wicker baskets, homemade cakes, second-hand books, crotcheted baby blankets etc. - these people will soon stop trading if they are charged 5-00 to park for 10 minutes (being observed all the time by two red-coated-skunks to book them when it gets to 11 minutes) a 10 minute walk away and carry their produce through the rain - which Council signed up to those bollards I'd like to know - come on own up
 
 
On 22 May 2006 at 1:44pm Mystic mog wrote:
I have not heard of Lewes Council.
 
 
On 22 May 2006 at 4:15pm Mystic mog wrote:
LDC - Falmer stadium etc - Lib Dem
ESCC - Parking scheme (ie highways, bollards etc) - Tory
Hope this helps. Next time there is an election why don't you stand and help sort everything out Lopster!
 
 
On 22 May 2006 at 6:32pm Mark rolfe wrote:
couldn't do any worse than the lib-dem lot.
1
 
On 23 May 2006 at 3:42pm lopster wrote:
Well if mystic - who is obviously "in the know" has only not heard of ONE of the list the fact that the rest all exist really does allow me to rest my case - perhaps I will stand - probably as a Green - not really had chance to think that one through - as long as I can promote things local and historic - up the Rooks - up the Seagulls - up Sussex Bonfire and up Harveys (particularly given the tragic news announced today that the great Youngs are to merge with Wells and CLOSE the Ram in Wandsworth - tragic black armband tomorrow)
 
 
On 24 May 2006 at 12:39pm Mystic mog wrote:
A hypothetical question.
Just suppose a shopping mall or something else equally large (with no sports facilities) was proposed on the same site as the proposed stadium in Falmer. Taking the same area - would all those in favour of the stadium be equally in favour of this? If so fair enough, however if you think that a shopping mall should not be built then you may understand some of the sentiments against the stadium. For one moment forget football and what it means to you and other supporters.
 
 
On 24 May 2006 at 4:27pm Smiler wrote:
But we have enough shopping malls, we don't have a stadium
 
 
On 24 May 2006 at 7:10pm Mystic mog wrote:
Again some (not me) may think that we don't and feel that there are enough stadia etc. I am not saying you are wrong just presenting an alternative viewpoint.
 
 
On 24 May 2006 at 7:19pm Top tips wrote:
To avoid expensive new stadium why not wait till the tide goes out at Brighton beach and play there. Lots standing room and sturdy railings to keep spectators off the pitch.


24 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

The Potting Shed Lewes 132:143
The Potting Shed Lewes

Examining the activity of the sun and assessing its influence on the earth's climate may well provide entertainment to some Tom... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington