Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

brexit day street party

On 31 Mar 2018 at 10:38am Mr Phorbes wrote:
I heard a rumour the other day that the council plan to hold a street party on the evening of Brexit day next year.
It will be held in the precinct and will be a celebration of all things British. Brass bands, bonfire involvement that kind of thing.
What a fantastic idea, can't wait.
On 31 Mar 2018 at 10:49am dairyman wrote:
Must be a wind-up. The bremoaner snowflakes of Lewes won't like that!
On 31 Mar 2018 at 12:32pm Newms wrote:
Won`t be much of a Party most of the people who actually like Brexit can hardly walk , eat mush and hate everyone who lives over a mile away. I hope its on though , it would be good to spread the rumour that people from Uckfield are pinching all their cheesy wotsits and Babycham. They`ll make us leave East Sussex ... think of the "opportunities "
Imbeciles
On 31 Mar 2018 at 1:47pm Releaver wrote:
Be inclusive. Make it a celebration/wake fusion.
With any luck there'll be a fight. A kind of metaphor for our nation's future.
Irish border anyone?
On 31 Mar 2018 at 2:38pm Newms wrote:
If you wnat it to be a metaphor for the Nations future you should take away the Garlic Bread and promise that some global fantasy is going to turn into a sandwich any time now .
God who would want a Party with fat ugly people like that anyway , they can listen to a selection of simplified classics on an " 8 Track" on their own thanks
On 31 Mar 2018 at 4:12pm Metatron wrote:
Your not even invited Newman as you can't even be civil.
I wonder if you would be quite so condescending and rude to the face of the people you call fat ugly imberciles? I bet you wouldn't have the bottle, your just a nasty keyboard warrior.
On 31 Mar 2018 at 4:29pm Doctor Phibes wrote:
This has all the hallmarks of yet another, juvenile, school holiday, trolling attempt. Rather sad that I actually took the bait and bothered to reply.
On 31 Mar 2018 at 4:40pm Newms wrote:
Yes fair enough metatron, posted in haste - wish I had not.
Excuse me
On 31 Mar 2018 at 6:37pm Metatron wrote:
In the spirit of repentance and renewal Paul, I am happy to accept your apology, try to remember everyone's opinions are as valid as yours. Play nicely.
On 31 Mar 2018 at 7:04pm Stones and glass houses wrote:
@Newmns - Some of us saw your mugshot before you got it taken down.
On 31 Mar 2018 at 7:36pm @newms wrote:
Paul, please try to remember that people voted for brexit for many different reasons and come from all walks of life.

Please also remember, we do live in a small town. The anonymity of London doesn’t apply here, some of us are even your close neighbours at the top of the Nevill - even if you do consider us fat, ugly imbeciles.

If the remain vote had won, I wouldn’t have begrudged your moment to celebrate (although I wouldn’t have participated or particularly liked it), because you’d have your reasons to stay, just as we have our reasons to leave.

But, I also acknowledge it takes a lot to apologise too.
On 31 Mar 2018 at 8:18pm Clifford wrote:
Newms wrote: 'Won`t be much of a Party most of the people who actually like Brexit can hardly walk , eat mush and hate everyone who lives over a mile away.'
Yes, all 17,410,742 of us.
On 31 Mar 2018 at 9:03pm Dexter wrote:
No one on here should be calling Paul Newman a coward. He is one of the few people on here to have the courage to post under his own name.
Whether that's a matter of believing his own self importance is another matter.

On 9 Apr 2018 at 1:43am Nigel garage wrote:
They'll probably brand it as hate speech and arrest anyone that turns up, especially since the count dankular case it's apparent that the UK no longer has freedom of speech. It's SJWs and virtue signalers like the majority of people in this thread that are posing for a dictatorship over Britain. LONG LIVE THE UK

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Arms Penny 56:132
Lewes Arms Penny

@TP Coming from the person who refuses to wear a mask or to accept that anything to do with the pandemic is true! You seem... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like tea and faerie cakes on the Castle Green
NCG