Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

baby P

On 20 Nov 2008 at 11:26am Gary wrote:
Even if those scumbags were not about to stand trial for another offence it is still dangerous to publish their details. both the mother and boyfriend have innocent families whom have done nothing wrong and, by publishing their details, you put these innocent families as well as those whom share a common name in danger of attack by vigilantes.

On 20 Nov 2008 at 2:42pm Mystic Mog wrote:
Gary I agree. Please can the vigilantes grow up - especially the armchair vigilantees. My father fought in WW2 to protect our way life including our justice system. Lynch mobs are reminisant of the KKK, Stalin, Nazis etc. Let the justice system do what it supposed to do rather compromise it by naming the culprits. Those in favour of naming and shaming should read up upon the law or move to a totalitarian state.
Everyone is entitled to a fair trial.

On 20 Nov 2008 at 4:30pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
Remember those anti-paedophile riots a few years ago, when the News of the World published the names of known sex offenders?

On one estate, some people got together and burned down the house of a local nonce. Unfortunately he was down at the pub at the time. However, his 14-year-old daughter, who was watching tv at the time, died in the fire.

Do you also remember the paediatrician who woke up to find PAEDOS OUT daubed on her wall?

I believe the law is too soft on sex offenders and seems to value property more than law, but it is still better than mob rule. There are some really thick people out there who act first and think later and often do more harm than good.

34 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Did the culture of self-aggrandising 'grief' begin with Lady Di's death or has it always been around. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams