Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Green Deal ensures Lib Dem Fracking support.

On 5 Aug 2013 at 4:39pm Frack Off wrote:
A spokesman for Lewes Lib Dems has stated that introduction of The Green Deal is the price the Lib Dems have paid to the Tories for supporting drilling for oil in Balcombe and for importation of environmentally destructive Canadian tar sands oil.
The Green Deal? I hear you ask,what a great success that has turned out to be! NOT!

Check it out here »
On 5 Aug 2013 at 5:26pm lib dem lewes resident wrote:
I think you are all being unkind to Norman Baker. He is a lovely man, a wonderful constituency MP and he sings like a lark. Being in a coalition must be a terrible strain and hardly worth the paltry salary he gets for it. I am sure he could earn a lot more working for an oil company. I think flares in the night sky might look pretty, and anyway we shouldn't concern ourselves with a quarrel in a far-away place between people of whom we know nothing - a great man said that, you know...
On 5 Aug 2013 at 6:22pm belladonna wrote:
Vote Baker out. He advised that a vote for Labour was a vote for the Tories... well guess who got into bed with them ? Complete hypocrite with no integrity whatsoever. In it for the money and the power. Look at his pathetic justification of his time in Viva Lewes - next month's instalment - why I am worth a 10 pc pay rise and the rest of the public sector isn't....
On 5 Aug 2013 at 7:35pm Frack Off wrote:
The ballad of Norman Baker. Sung to the tune of Piccadilly Circus by The Refom Club.
See that man sitting there all alone.
Blew his reputation for a Tory bone.
In the coalition
He`s like a dog
On a piece of string
Pull it tight
and they can hear him sing
Any tune they want to
See him rushing everywhere,trying not to loose his thinning hair.
Mnister of Transport
Minister of Transport, won`t complain
Dare n`t set foot in Landport
Minister of Transport
Fooled us again
Balcombe village is in open revolt
Norman dithers which way to vote?
He`s an opportunist.
Vote for Norman keep the Tories out
At the election the lib dems did spout
Minister of Transport,lovely job!
Dare n`t set foot in Landport
Made a few bob
Minister of Transport!
Who`d have thought
Minister of Transport
Look who they`ve bought.
On 5 Aug 2013 at 7:55pm Normans Wisdom wrote:
Are you lot so sad that all you can do is smear the bloke? Leave him alone ffs. Best mp Lewes has ever had.
On 5 Aug 2013 at 9:31pm Deelite 2 wrote:
Poor old Norm. Heart in the right place and a very good constituency mp. He is now a victim of circumstances and a man out of his depth. A very big shame. Lewes will lose him and the alternative will be pedestrian in comparison.
On 5 Aug 2013 at 9:48pm Dingo wrote:
If he resigned now he might have a shred of credibility left.If he doesn`t he is electoral toast.
On 5 Aug 2013 at 11:58pm Normans Wisdom wrote:
He will lose the next election due to no fault of his own. The short memoried morons of this constituency will vote another self-serving pocket lining corrupt immoral Tory into the seat. Then you folks really will have an mp to moan about to your hearts content. You just can't help some people.

On 6 Aug 2013 at 12:22am Carpe Diem wrote:
If you think the Tories will win Lewes I think you are wrong,I am pretty sure this whole fracking debacle will open the door for the Greens which is probably no bad thing.I may be wrong though.
Norman started off with an enormous reservoir of good will but I`m afraid he has squandered it, or more aptly poisoned it taking account what is unfolding in Balcombe and what is likely to happen to our environment in the next couple of years.

On 6 Aug 2013 at 10:27am PLUMPTON LAD wrote:
Frack off - what is your source when you claim "a spokesperson for Lewes Lib Dems" has claimed this? Which spokesperson and where is your evidence?

On 6 Aug 2013 at 11:24am Frack Off wrote:
It`s common knowledge in lib Dem circles. Ask a lib Dem activist what they think of their treacherous leaders who as soon as they get into power abandon any pretence of being green.
The green deal is threadbare fig leaf for wholesale environmental destruction and rapacious greed.
When you sup with rhe devil you can`t order a seperate menu.
On 6 Aug 2013 at 1:02pm PLUMPTON LAD wrote:
Oh I see, you have admitted you have no actual evidence for this, you're simply reporting gossip. A shame as I agree with you on fracking (eg I oppose it), making baseless claims like this t just undermines the wider case.

On 6 Aug 2013 at 5:54pm DON`T FRACK WITH ME! wrote:
I have spoken to Norman Baker`s case worker at Lewes Lib Dems at length and that is what he told me.Fracking is unfortunate he said, but it is one of the things the Lib Dems had to concede in order to be part of the government.
He told me the Green investment Bank and the Green Deal was the price the Tories paid.You can choose to believe me or not I don`t give a damn.The evidence speaks for itself.If this was untrue they would have resigned by now wouldn`t they?

On 7 Aug 2013 at 4:16am DON`T FRACK WITH ME wrote:
I hate to say we told you so.................

Check it out here »

On 7 Aug 2013 at 8:40am Deelite 2 wrote:
Gawd. Never let a Lib Dem near a business. What a poor deal they did there!

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Swan penny 123:132
The Swan penny

I just saw your galileo nonsense, so relax. Your posts are coming through lol, not that they do you any favours! more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy