Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Zulu Debate - Out of interest....

On 29 Oct 2017 at 8:10am Sussex Born and Bred wrote:
Been watching developments and have spoken to a few people at work about this including two Black colleagues and one Indian. They all agreed that it was very much a storm in a teacup including the comment "Why would I be offended? -its a costume and its not a National Front March"
Ok it's only thoughts of a few, but considering how long the "budgies" have been in Bonfire why bring it up now?
Also where are the people who have suffered from the "adverse effect this action has on members of the Lewes community". Maybe they would like to step forward in their masses and tell us about it all?
Its only racist because some people with nothing else better to do and possibly with a grudge against bonfire think its "awfully clever" to launch a capmpaign which has no backbone. It it had I've no doubt that the Zulu issue would have been addressed years ago.
The only one positive thing that comes from it is that any bonfire society still stuck for an idea for "Enemy of Bonfire" now has one.
No doubt these people are those with the mentality who want to see a Red Poppy banned from Rememberance Parades etc.
If all this racist nasty bonfire upsets you. thern simply close the curtains, get back to munching your organic flapjacks, knitting your llama wool sweaters and see what other silly ideas you can come up with.
For the record I'm not a Bonfire Boy either - just a local person who gets increasingly annoyed by the collection of numpties who seem to decide they know what is best and are determined to be "PC" at whatever cost...
On 29 Oct 2017 at 9:20am Observer wrote:
"Been watching developments and have spoken to a few people at work about this including two Black colleagues and one Indian. They all agreed that it was very much a storm in a teacup"
Right. I'm sure they felt completely at ease telling you exactly how they felt. Because as this forum demonstrates, bonfire is devoted to freedom of speech and in no way lashes out brutally at those who dare to criticise an aspect of it.
On 29 Oct 2017 at 9:24am No backbone wrote:
just a nosebone
On 29 Oct 2017 at 11:12am Pitchfork wielder wrote:
A reasonable opening post followed by several knuckle draggers.
How typical of this forum.
On 29 Oct 2017 at 11:14am No backbone wrote:
12 knuckles
On 29 Oct 2017 at 7:46pm Stevie Freeman wrote:
Enemy of Bonfire - what a load of old tosh! And what do you even know about us who protest against blacking up - how do you know what else we do, what others fights we fight and what we say - you are truly full of bull!
At least I donít hide behind a fake name - come and talk to be face to face - thatís a invite to you all - letís see how tough you are then?
On 30 Oct 2017 at 11:07am skrewdriver loyal wrote:
Stevie freeman lol a woman bringing it on to the loyal lewes right wing stormtroopers oh dear ?

On 2 Nov 2017 at 11:07pm I am the danger wrote:
The Sussex bonfire culture has hitherto been unafraid to take an uncompromising stance In its practice of Bonfire and its wider defence of English tradition and heritage.
Political correctness is a facet of cultural Marxism, an odious totalitarian doctrine, an infection initially spread with a semi clandestine subtlety by its protagonists who now, swaggering with a confidence fuelled by the spinelessness of modern politicians, strut openly amongst us barking orders devoid of all reason that they expect and demand that you obey without question.
Let us be clear, their goal is the total destruction of the British culture you know and love. Resist it, ridicule it, prosecute bonfire as you have always done: do not be druv.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

rye bonfire badge 103:132
rye bonfire badge

4 out of the top 5 channels showing the same thing nearly all day. Somewhat excessive.
Got up this morning and the BBC is still... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like The Grange Gardens, and the way the teashop has the most odd mixture of china from the charity shops
Jojo