On 4 Jan 2016 at 10:38am Lewesian wrote:
There's your bottle with a genie in, you have 3 wishes on how to improve the town. Anything you like but nothing political, nothing nasty.
For once, let's be nice, have a bit of fun and maybe, just maybe, someone may look and think "hmmmm, you might be on to something there"
1) Make Market Lane one way and put a mirror above the chippy so people can see traffic coming down Fisher Street.
2) Stop all cars and bikes going along Cliffe from 9am to 5pm....keep it pedestrianized whilst the shops are open
3) increase car parking. Enforce Tesco to open up the area they bought from Kings church many moons ago and allow more parking there.
Happy new year
On 4 Jan 2016 at 2:21pm special k wrote:
A child friendly restaurant which isn't a pizza place! Something like bon appetite in btn which would be fantastic! (2) a mirror by the fish and chip shop would be a good idea (3) I'd like to see next back here!!
On 4 Jan 2016 at 3:47pm Serena wrote:
1. An arty cinema
2. A cocktail bar
3. A Zara
On 4 Jan 2016 at 3:49pm Red wrote:
1. Get the parking wardens to do something to benefit the community like challenging people who, for example, don't pick up their dogs mess, drop litter, park in disabled bays without a badge, park in Cliffe High street when not loading, drive all the way through Cliffe High street etc.
2. A go-kart track and many more facilities for kids
3. A community workshop / makerspace / mens shed
On 4 Jan 2016 at 4:32pm Andy b wrote:
keep lewes cleaner its a sh#t hole so dirty ( sorry to say it )
kick out the green party . we want hour lewes back
On 4 Jan 2016 at 4:35pm bastian wrote:
1/homes for my kids to rent at a price they can afford on local wages
2/small affordable spaces for the arts and small busineses to remain in this town
3/free beer at all hostelries for the first 3 months of the year every year
On 4 Jan 2016 at 5:00pm xplorer1 wrote:
1) cleaner streets - I agree with Andy B. The town's a real, embarrassing mess
2) better parking solutions for delivery vehicles along the High Street
3) better enforcement of vehicular passage rules in Cliffe High St
On 4 Jan 2016 at 5:03pm Tango wrote:
1: M V Augusta dealership
2: Stop pavement parking on the High street
3: Dog owners clear up after Fido, the High St is like an obstacle course.
On 4 Jan 2016 at 5:21pm Fake Sarah wrote:
1) Affordable housing for the next generation (affordable meaning a couple on minimum wage who work in Lewes can get a mortgage to top up a deposit and not only affordable to those who get £100ph)
2) Capped rents for commercial properties in towns (especially for new start ups). Lets fill some of the work space we have before we build new
3) Parking to become free again in residential areas (im talking about you Winterbourne) so i can visit my family without either waiting till the weekend or after 6pm (yes, they really havent moved it even though town parking is free after 5pm)
On 4 Jan 2016 at 5:28pm New Year wrote:
1. Free parking
2. Adult restaurants at reasonable prices (sorry families, but us adults need some time when children are not around too)
3. Speed dating
On 4 Jan 2016 at 6:42pm Siggi wrote:
A nice fish restaurant
No costa coffee and Nero
On 4 Jan 2016 at 7:23pm Norton Norm wrote:
It's MV Agusta. O orange fat man. Kind Regards.
On 4 Jan 2016 at 8:01pm Malling Minnion wrote:
1.Resident Permit parking in Malling so the police, fire, post office and every other f****r stop taking all our spaces.
2. A drive through coffee bar
3. A rule that makes everyone get out of my wherever I'm going.
On 4 Jan 2016 at 8:06pm Belladonna wrote:
Closure if Cliffe High st to traffic between 9 and 6 pm.
Free residents parking
Massive tree planting scheme in town and countryside around - both for aesthetic and flood alleviation purposes. Trees are our lifeline against global warming.
On 4 Jan 2016 at 8:08pm biker wrote:
1) waymarked mountain biking & cycling trails signposted from the town centre onto the downs connecting up to the south downs way.
2) bike routes like the cuckoo trail. Perhaps a cycle way along the river that connects upto the ringmer cycleway and towards Firle beacon cycleway.
3) create more walks and loops around the railway land.
On 4 Jan 2016 at 10:10pm uptown monk wrote:
1. an end to dog poo
2. light up the castle
3. a summer / music festival in town on the scale of bonfire!
On 4 Jan 2016 at 10:36pm The Old Mayor wrote:
Night time street lighting reinstated, the wars over don't yah know !
On 5 Jan 2016 at 5:36am Grafter wrote:
1. Steam ferry service to Newhaven.
2. St Annes to be either very affordable housing or small business centre, not hq of creepy trustafarian cult.
3.Re build Malling rail bridge as cycle/ footbridge and open up another path on old railway lines to Uckfield and Newick and Chailey.
On 5 Jan 2016 at 8:18am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
1. Free parking
2. More social housing
3. Cliffe Bookshop to return
On 5 Jan 2016 at 12:12pm Alex Farran wrote:
These are my own personal selfish wishes, so I'm sure people on the forum will disagree with me.
1. Fewer cars.
2. An independent cafe that can compete with the chains. I try to use independents, but more often than not end up in Costa.
3. A Cinema. Looks like this one will come true. I'm really looking forward to the Depot CInema opening.
On 5 Jan 2016 at 2:32pm trooper wrote:
No1 LDC Remove the graffiti
No2 Empty the rubbish bins in and around the town more often.
No3 Remove and prevent the return of the vegetation growing in the streets of the town and the surrounding estates.
On 5 Jan 2016 at 3:26pm Nevillman wrote:
Cheap clothes shop
On 5 Jan 2016 at 8:11pm Judas wrote:
Free parking so the DFL's can park in the high street all day while they go to work again? Great idea numb nuts
Indépendant cafe that can compete with the chains? They can. They just choose not to, you numb nuts.
Vehicle free Cliffe? The shops have hardly any loading areas so how do they get deliveries you numb nuts?
On 6 Jan 2016 at 9:12am Theo wrote:
Well said judas how do these people think that shops in the cliffe coped before . There was two way traffic and buses and they still unloaded deliveries for Woolworth , Lipton etc .why the hell do they want the whole of the cliffe pedestrianised is beyond me . Dfls getting their way again
On 6 Jan 2016 at 9:16am Theo wrote:
1, cliffe high st open to cars again
2, return of Iceland
3,decent walkway along river with cafes and restaraunts , hopefully that may come with Phoenix quarter