Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Women Can`t drive Anyway

 
1
On 4 Mar 2011 at 4:03pm Newmania wrote:
It is kind of funny that women are having their human right to pay as much motor insurance as men ( Thank-you EU , another triumph). The problem I have with it is that it seems to imply that women can drive which, as we all know,is about half true.
Women have as many accidents as men when they are young its just that they are less serious ( because they drive so slowly ). Then it evens up ( despite the fact men drive far more miles) and men finally do better in old age.
So the only time when men have not more but worse accidents is under 25 when they learning to be better drivers by taking more risks and driving fast .In terms of skill men are always vastly better .
Women can drive ..literally .. cats can swim ..if pushed there is a even a type of Kangaroo which has learnt to climb trees . It does not come naturally though and its always worth pointing that out.
Woman- Know your place
1
 
On 4 Mar 2011 at 4:19pm Evil Otto wrote:
What is the point of lap dancing clubs?
I have a wife who takes all my money and leaves me sexually frustrated.
 
 
On 4 Mar 2011 at 4:52pm Newmania wrote:
Hello Newmania
That's it, really.
Just thought you needed a bit of attention.
 
 
On 4 Mar 2011 at 5:00pm Newmania wrote:
Wrong ,tedious imposter I was looking for wit entertainment, that sort of thing.
Still looking .
 
 
On 4 Mar 2011 at 5:24pm Hoist wrote:
Missing me already?
Well you'll have to do better than that then.
It must be an awful shame for you though, if what you say is true - I thought you were a believer in the free market. Must be very galling to you to admit that regulation is a good thing and that all of these companies were wrong.
What did that old witch used to say? 'You can't buck the market' or something like that. Still, she was mad.
 
 
On 5 Mar 2011 at 12:20am Pearlie wrote:
Oh shut up.
 
 
On 5 Mar 2011 at 2:10am not from around here wrote:
Another barmy thing that should never have been legislated for. I don't see why the insurance companies can't charge differently for men and women according the risk they pose? What next, insurance companies banned from charging younger drivers higher premiums on the basis that it is age discrimination?!
 
 
On 5 Mar 2011 at 10:26am sashimi wrote:
Yes, and isn't it discriminatory that people with terminal illnesses are discriminated against by life insurance companies?
 
 
On 5 Mar 2011 at 4:23pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
Bit like someone phoning the insurance company coz their house's on fire
 
 
On 5 Mar 2011 at 8:27pm Old Cynic wrote:
Newmania have you been watching Harry Enfield again!
 
 
On 6 Mar 2011 at 8:18am Williamdyer wrote:
References anyone? Seems to me that women pay less because they represent less risk to insurance companies. Simply put: fewer payouts and/or lower amounts. Given that we are, for the most part, talking about cars in motion I'd say defining them as safer holds water. Or maybe men just forget to lock their cars more often. Again: references for statements please.
 
 
On 6 Mar 2011 at 11:19am Hoist wrote:
Pearlie - Thank you for your cutting riposte. Here's one of Oscar Wilde's -
Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah
 
 
On 6 Mar 2011 at 10:55pm Pearlie wrote:
Really it wasn't worth more effort but here it is anyway.
Up yours !,,
 
 
On 7 Mar 2011 at 5:58pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Even better, pension companies will now have to offer the same annuity rates to women as they do to men,instead of paying women smaller pensions because they live longer. Worth paying a few bob extra on your car insurance when you're young for, imo.


23 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Cliffe Tableau 2015 24:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015

I was quite fond of the guy. But Boris is, of course, behind the serious over-coverage; it is a welcome distraction from travel... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy