Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Who's your local hero

On 6 Jan 2015 at 9:38pm Red wrote:
Lewes Town Council is delighted to be holding its third annual ‘Lewes Civic Awards’.

The awards are to celebrate the silent stars working tirelessly among us, and in recognition of outstanding service to the people of Lewes. We are calling on people across the town to put forward nominations for the awards and want you to tell us about the people in your community who achieve great things or go above and beyond what is expected of them to make things happen.

Nominations are invited in the categories of Arts, Community, Environment, Heritage and Sports with a deadline for applications of 31st January 2015. The judging panel will then consider all nominations and the awards will be presented on 16th April 2015 by the Mayor of Lewes. Each recipient will receive a certificate plus a cheque for £100 payable to their chosen charity and a special lapel badge.

If you or your organization would like to nominate an individual, you must be able to demonstrate that before or during 2014 the person put forward has made a material contribution to the advancement, well-being and welfare of the people of Lewes, supported charitable work carried out in the Town in a voluntary capacity, or demonstrated outstanding Citizenship.

Nomination Forms can be obtained from Lewes Town Hall or downloaded from the website www.lewes-tc.gov.uk or as attached.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Fiona Garth
Civic Officer & Assistant Town Clerk
Lewes Town Council
Town Hall
High Street
LEWES
East Sussex BN7 2QS
tel. +44 (0)1273 471469
fax.+44 (0)1273 480919
e-mail mayors.sec@lewes-tc.gov.uk
website www.lewes-tc.gov.uk
On 7 Jan 2015 at 12:57am Yawn Yawn wrote:
Back slap back slap
How much is my council tax ??
On 7 Jan 2015 at 8:07am Normans Wisdom wrote:
There can only be one possible nomination. Norman Baker.
On 7 Jan 2015 at 9:12am Sword of Tries wrote:
What about Bob Lockyer .He has been doing the mini rugby coaching and variously helping out for years and years. A good bloke who communicates enjoyment to the boys but still wants to win and does not appreciate a 'clean shirt' coming off the pitch.
There are lots of terrific people at Lewes Rugby Club , at all levels, who give their time and it is,(as ever) unfair to pick one, but if we are talking about community as well as just sport thats my suggestion for whats its worth.
What do you think ?
On 7 Jan 2015 at 11:02am Bag of Fries wrote:
I`m with Norm.
On 7 Jan 2015 at 3:55pm bastian wrote:
anyone but a member of the round table, who seem to run this town, it's like a guild town still. Bl**dy masons.
how about chaula
On 8 Jan 2015 at 12:02am wrote:
I'd like to nominate Chelsea Renton and the Lewes Phoenix Rising Group for pursuing a different community focused vision for the Phoenix Estate. Of course they won't get anything because we all know the town and district council are hand in glove with the Santon group.
I'd also like to nominate the people behind the Depot cinema, which has finally received the planning go ahead despite the best efforts of the town council to deny the townspeople what promises to be a fantastic venue and resource.

On 8 Jan 2015 at 10:58am The Tooth Fairy wrote:
It's got to be Webbo for all his hard work on this forum.
On 12 Jan 2015 at 10:36pm Adolfo wrote:
The drug dealer and his fat slag on the bike who peddle Heroin outside Waitrose.

On 13 Jan 2015 at 3:57pm Hitlero wrote:
Rest assured the people you describe outside Waitrose are first on my list

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

heading for extinction 43:132
heading for extinction

Hello Lewes Forum, I have an enquiry.
Does anyone know of an enclosed field near Lewes where our delightful but errant 10 month... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina