Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

White tower on Kingston Ridge

On 4 Jan 2010 at 4:45pm Boggins wrote:
Hi
I've been watching a white tower being built over the last year on Kingston Ridge and wondering what its going to be...
It now seems to be finished yet I have no idea what it is?
Can anyone help- its clearly visible from certain angles for miles
Cheers

On 4 Jan 2010 at 4:50pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
Lewes' very own space shuttle apparently. Going to cram all the dfls in it and blast them off to the planet 'Guardian'. Either that or a new windmill.

On 4 Jan 2010 at 5:14pm tinkerbell wrote:
Its a windmill thats being built. The original one was distroyed in a gale back in 1916. If you want to know more go to www.sussexmillsgroup.org.uk.

On 4 Jan 2010 at 5:23pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
Apparently it's a private home according to previous responses on this forum about the windmill

On 4 Jan 2010 at 5:59pm Prick Stein wrote:
It's a private home which only got permission because the owners said it would be a windmill as well open to the public by appointment! Lets see if it is when it's finished! Basically it's the only way to build a new house in an AONB, short of diguising it as a football stadium!

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Spires 80:132
Lewes Spires

Classic reply Tom. No evidence of having read my post, understood it or made any attempt to respond to it. Didn't I make the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa