Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

What is your favourite seafood?

On 3 May 2009 at 7:23pm Long Distance Whelk Fisherman wrote:
If I had to narrow it down I would find it hard to choose between a Red Snapper and a plate of molluscs

On 3 May 2009 at 7:27pm cato wrote:
For me it is lobster.Straight from the sea in Tobago.You would have to taste it to know what a difference there is.

On 3 May 2009 at 7:49pm Lopster wrote:
:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

On 3 May 2009 at 7:57pm Pearlie wrote:
Next time I'm in Tobago.....

On 3 May 2009 at 8:12pm Lopster wrote:
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO

On 3 May 2009 at 8:35pm FA wrote:
Prawns and Scallops

On 3 May 2009 at 9:45pm Interested 2 wrote:
This is going to sound really daft but...I love seafood,but don't like the way they are killed (or not!) and cooked.
I have never eaten Lobster,know I would love it...But can't.
I saw a live crab killed with a skewer on the telly.
'They don't feel a thing',the chef said...How do they know?
Also.I'm not sure about freezing Lobsters before boiling them...Apparently they 'go to sleep'....
Can't touch oysters and scallops for the same reason.
Surely scallops are live when cut from their shells prior to cooking?

On 3 May 2009 at 10:12pm Naughty Knickers wrote:
I love seafood! i like the really big prawns but cant even attempt to try jellied eels uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggg!!

On 3 May 2009 at 10:35pm Interested 2. wrote:
When I was little we used to go to Hastings at Bank Holidays.I would sit on my Dads knee and happily devour winkles,cockles,mussels,whelks...And jellied eels at 2s and 6d a plate.With loads of vinegar...Once I realised what they actually were and where they came from I couldn't eat them again...Still can't to this day.

On 4 May 2009 at 12:09am Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
As a child, my brother used to gut fish in front of me and, because he knew I did not like it, he used to rub his hands over my face and neck. Consequently I don't eat seafood unless it is skinned.boned and wrapped in breadcrumbs or batter.
I like fishcakes - wjhat fish is used in that?

On 4 May 2009 at 12:21am expat wrote:
If the scallop or mussel shell is open then it's dead. Unfit for human consumption. The scallops are still swimming prior to their shells being forced open with a sharp knife, the rubbish cut rom the flesh and thrown away (the brown yukky stuff)and the good bit sliced off, rinsed put into a bowl, and cooked in a nice chilli sauce on the barbeque. Yum! Green lipped mussels cut in half, floured and fried in garlic butter are my favourite too.

On 4 May 2009 at 12:22am expat wrote:
Spinster it's probably shark, also known as rig and used in fish and chip shops.

On 4 May 2009 at 12:48am Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I used to enjoy a nice bit of "flake" during my antipodean years

On 4 May 2009 at 11:42am Pearlie wrote:
Bleurgh. Seafood. Unless it's wrapped in batter or a very a expensive fish or King Prawns I don't have a problem with.
I can't stand labour intensive food, if I have to skin it and bone it at the table you can forget it.
I nearly choked to death on a bone in a fish cake at school when I was 8, maybe that's got someting to do with it.

On 4 May 2009 at 2:26pm Rumour Monger wrote:
I've heard you're quite free and easy with the bearded clam spinster.

On 4 May 2009 at 6:14pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Rumour Monger - that is not even remotely witty - ergh.

On 4 May 2009 at 7:39pm Hedwig wrote:
Seafood........mm MM. My absolute favourite, i love it all - anchovies, tuna, mussels, cockles, oysters, prawns, shrimp, jellied eels, crab, lobster, squid, a nice bit of haddock or mackarel you can't beat it!! I would have to say crayfish tails though if I had to choose a favourite. Crayfish eaten straight from the tub or in sandwiches with some fresh rocket and mayonnaise with a dash of lemon juice...scrumptious.

On 5 May 2009 at 10:57pm lamplight lilly wrote:
I once worked in a fish shop which sold fresh fish too, light the boiler for me on your start of shift I was told so I did later on I was told to get a bucket to empty it I wondered what was coming next I had just cooked my first and last copper full on Langersteins I did not work there again but I find Lobster very tasty Itry not to think back

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Lewes Penny 119:132
The Lewes Penny

Can anybody help my daughter starting new job in Lewes, with parking near to Station Road.
Not only are the Council parks very... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde