Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

What did you expect?

On 29 Nov 2012 at 11:48pm Expat Two wrote:
Well, I suppose it was nothing if not entirely predictable - Cameron standing up for his personal friends' right to hack into dead schoolgirls' phone messages, destroy peoples lives with sensational lies, and mis-inform the public with the industrial scale Govt. spin they happily churn. Its in his financial, political and career interest to do so.
Nor should it surprise anyone that he's trying to dress up his lowlife criminal friends as heroes of free speech, ie exactly the opposite of the reality.
On 30 Nov 2012 at 10:26am Pete wrote:
Agree, next they'll be letting Rebecca Brooks off the hook as well......

On 30 Nov 2012 at 10:28am Nixon Scraypes wrote:
I expected more government control of the press but I'm sure that will come later.Not that the government need to control the mainstream media anyway,they know what they're supposed to say and never disappoint. What else did I expect? Ah,here it is, BBC (Bum Bandits Cabal,anyone?) enquiry into Savile affair to be secret. No surprises there then
On 30 Nov 2012 at 11:00am Deelite wrote:
It's OK. He'll cave it. It's a play. If he accepted all the recommendations of the Levenson report, including the legislation, he'd have (at least) the Murdoch press against him and they'd probably see him out of government. All he is doing is making sure that the press so not turn against the Tories.

On 30 Nov 2012 at 11:04am Yank wrote:
Having the press on his side didn't sem to help Cameron in 2010 Deelite. The Tories, in case you've forgotten, didn't get a majority.

On 30 Nov 2012 at 11:15am Deelite wrote:
I've not forgotten. I can't see how that result can force a conclusion that the mainstream press has no influence on election results.

On 30 Nov 2012 at 11:19am Pete wrote:
Sureley, BBC = big brother club ?

On 30 Nov 2012 at 3:02pm Taff wrote:
Is there really any significant difference between politicians and reporters? I think not. Neither tend to relay the truth.

On 30 Nov 2012 at 4:08pm Jonny wrote:
They are all part of the same team. I have personal experience of how nastily twisted it all is. Read 1984 my friends. It's coming to a country near you sooner than you might imagine.

On 30 Nov 2012 at 4:22pm Jonny wrote:
Prime Minister Cameron did not set up the Leveson Inquiry knowing that his own behaviour and that of his associates might be exposed any more than Blair did with the David Kelly inquiry or Brown with the Iraq war inquiry.
The outcome was known from the start.

On 30 Nov 2012 at 4:34pm Jonny wrote:
Another cover up being prepared using our money.

Check it out here »
On 30 Nov 2012 at 10:38pm Sgt Wilson wrote:
The mistake Cameron made was setting up this inquiry in the first place. A complete waste of money.
Having said that he and the Tories are bang on the money with regards to their stance on it.
A regulated press isn't a free press and the minute you are in that zone your heading down a dangerous path.

On 4 Dec 2012 at 8:13am Taff wrote:
Sarge, an unethical press is even more dangerous dont you think. I agree that full regulation is not the way to go but neither do we need immoral sleuths in operation. Well apart from Parliament perhaps!

On 4 Dec 2012 at 6:37pm expat two wrote:
Yeah, absolute nonsense. Its like saying a regulated drug dealer isn't a free drug dealer - so what? If they prove they can't be trusted, then they need to be regulated like every other criminal in the country.

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pells Pool Perspective 97:132
Pells Pool Perspective

I was quite fond of the guy. But Boris is, of course, behind the serious over-coverage; it is a welcome distraction from travel... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington