Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

What Are Liberals For ?

On 15 Apr 2015 at 1:32pm Baker -lite wrote:
Saw Norm in the Highstreet yesterday.I wonder how he would answerthat question from Jeremy Browne ...
“Every political party and every politician has to be able to answer the question, ‘If you didn’t exist why would it be necessary to invent you?’ I’m not sure it would be necessary to invent an ill-defined moderating centrist party that believed that its primary purpose was to dilute the policies of other political parties.”
Ouch !
On 15 Apr 2015 at 2:06pm Master Baker wrote:
What are Liberals good for? Huh!.....Nuthin............Absolutely nuthin....Say it again....
On 15 Apr 2015 at 5:08pm Brady wrote:
To be honest I would say there is a role for a moderating influence in Hung parliament politics. I am not sure I would agree with it and I don't see much moderation going on in the current parliament considering the Conservatives have put in there manifesto some of the things that the Lib Dems take credit for like Income tax threshold etc. I would have preferred for the Tory's to be judged on their own decisions 100% and interested to see how they would actually have differed without Lib Dem involvement. Not a great deal I suspect. And it is easy for a party to make pledges when they know they are not going to win. The greens are a good example of that.
On 15 Apr 2015 at 5:20pm Ex Lib Dem Voter wrote:
what ever the Lib Dems were for, it wasn't what they did, when tactical voters gave them the chance. Hence...goodbye, I would rather vote for the future of another party, since it has to start somewhere.
On 15 Apr 2015 at 6:11pm Original Plastic wrote:
Speak up Browne, You're through.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Portal 78:143
Lewes Portal

Google Lewes Resignalling then select Network Rail item. Shows dates more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell