Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Weight loss

On 27 Jan 2018 at 10:05pm Hefty Henrietta wrote:
Has anyone successfully lost weight at any of the weight loss groups in town? (i.e. slimming world or WW)
Which one do you recommend, do they work, and if so I'd really love to know how much weight you lost over what time span?
I need some inspiration!
Thanks!
On 27 Jan 2018 at 10:17pm James wrote:
Get on the cocaine and fags diet. Works wanders I promise.
On 28 Jan 2018 at 12:55am A. Dieter wrote:
If it helps I joined WW on the 6th January and I have lost 9lb. Say what you like click the thumbs down..I had do something about my weight and health.
On 28 Jan 2018 at 8:17am Hefty wrote:
9 pound weight loss in 3 weeks??
Wow that is amazing! Well done!
On 28 Jan 2018 at 8:35am Slimmer wrote:
I lost quite a bit of weight years ago by joining SW. As always, the hard bit is keeping it off.

On 28 Jan 2018 at 9:28am Kevin wrote:
I find that exercise helps.
On 28 Jan 2018 at 9:41am Lard @rse wrote:
I tried the 5:2 diet and shifted a bit of blubber. Although the 2 days are tough at least itís only 24hrs at a time
On 28 Jan 2018 at 9:46am driverless wrote:
quit the car for short trips, get your bike out or walk instead. Quit confectionary and fried food. try it for a week and see what happens. You need willpower and enthusiasm, not a fat club. Put that money towards a new pair of trainers.
On 28 Jan 2018 at 12:59pm Tubby wrote:
I'm fat, do I care? Not at all. I'll just sit here in front of TV and laptop, coke, crisps, doughnuts and cheese on toast. I'm happy, why do anything when you can sit around in your loungers all day.
On 28 Jan 2018 at 2:12pm Mario wrote:
Just cut out carbs. You'll lose weight in no time. For free, too.
On 28 Jan 2018 at 6:23pm Hefty wrote:
Mario - when you say cut out carbs, are you talking about processed unhealthy foods such as cakes/pastries/bread/white pasta/confectionery etc. Are are you meaning in its truest form, which is to cut out healthy carbs too such as all fruit/starchy vegetables/whole grain rice/porridge oats etc.?
On 28 Jan 2018 at 6:25pm Mavis wrote:
And that's the problem Hefty, you don't know what carbs are even !!
On 28 Jan 2018 at 7:43pm Mario wrote:
Hefty, all carbs are banned. You can eat lots of vegetables, all that grow above ground. No spuds, no pasta, no rice, nothing with sugar in (either natural, or chemical sweeteners), no bread, no cakes/biscuits.
Basically, eat meat or fish, plenty of salads with mayo, or veg, and eggs etc. It's not so bad, you can even have strawberries and cream for dessert on this diet, and still lose weight.
Look up low carb diets on the Internet, you'll soon find plenty of recipe suggested and help.
On 28 Jan 2018 at 8:27pm Ha wrote:
People saying no carbs and laughing at someone asking what are carbs you are knobs. Vegetables have carbohydrate content so get off your high horse!!
I would start off on my fitness pal tracking your calories honestly and find an exercise you enjoy whether thatís walking, running, swimming, bootcamps or gym
On 28 Jan 2018 at 10:28pm Mario wrote:
@ Ha
Some vegatables are extremely high in carbohydrate, I have pointed out which ones- spuds, parsnips are another as are the majority that grow underground. Salads, greens, etc contain a small amount - not enough to worry about when you are cutting carbs.
Basically, with a lot of tubby people, their bodies turn carbs in to body fat very quickly. The solution is to eleminate carbs, and stick to a diet high in protein and natural fats. It's a perfectly healthy diet, we evolved eating this way. Try it for amonth, see how much you lose!

On 29 Jan 2018 at 4:22pm Fairmeadow wrote:
Your body does not know or care whether the sucrose molecule it just absorbed came from an unhealthy biscuit or a healthy apple. Anyone who suggests the opposite is as certainly a charlatan or a fool as anyone who uses the word "detox".

On 30 Jan 2018 at 6:28am pablo wrote:
i went to colombia last year and lost a stone and a half in 10 days , true story !

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes antiquities 89 54:132
Lewes antiquities 89

It's part of a mini Holland scheme for widening pavements and discouraging car use,which on the face of it sounds like a good... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like The Grange Gardens, and the way the teashop has the most odd mixture of china from the charity shops
Jojo