Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

WHAT

On 11 Dec 2007 at 9:20am The Super K wrote:
I need to post you all some info

On 11 Dec 2007 at 9:22am The Super K wrote:
Just to let you all know.......
Last week I was informed that a group called Transaction 2007 had plans this weekend to release a statement announcing some kind of protest action relating to the price of fuel in the UK. I have just read a statement published on their web site in which they have confirmed that they are going to organise legal protest action, and that it could begin as early as this Wednesday.
I have got more on the PetrolPrices.com blog about this:
hxxp://www.petrolprices.com/blog/petrol-price-protests-planned-for-this-wednesday-86.html
We will of course be following the story as it unfolds next week to keep you informed. If you want to express your opinion about the plans you can do so on our blog, as always, by leaving your comments and voting in our polls.
Regards,
Brendan
Brendan McLoughlin
Co-Founder
PetrolPrices.com
Up the Rooks

On 13 Dec 2007 at 12:46pm MC wrote:
Personally I think petrol, diesel and especially kerosene ought to be taxed out of existence.
Currently anyone who thinks that anything that encourages even more use of cars and planes needs their head seeing too.
MC

On 13 Dec 2007 at 3:27pm FA wrote:
So there's be no food delivered, no houses built, no work unless it was in walking or cycling distance (don't know how people would carry their tools), no emergency services.........
Haven't really thought that one through have you !!!

On 13 Dec 2007 at 3:59pm Double Yellow Line wrote:
Oh come on FA they managed perfectly well in the middle ages without fuel and it was colder (no global warming see).
I really think MC has hit on something here and on a plus side it would stop all the outsiders coming to live in Lewes and crowding the town at bonfire.

On 13 Dec 2007 at 8:40pm For The Record wrote:
But they did not have Health & Safety in the middle ages!

On 14 Dec 2007 at 4:32pm overtaxedand underpaid wrote:
we don't live in the middle ages wake up its 2007 and nearly 2008 far to much tax on fuel it puts prices up everything is delivered by road the chancellor is just to greedy.

On 14 Dec 2007 at 4:43pm FA wrote:
Irony and sarcasm is wasted on you isn't it mr "overtaxed and underpaid"

On 15 Dec 2007 at 10:43pm MC wrote:
if we don't stop sticking carbon into the atmosphere in the next few years (blink of an eye) we're not going to have a planet/life/environment worth a stuff! So, petrol has reached a quid a litre... it's a bit of a small point in the scheme of things. I can't believe that some small minded little arseholes are on the streets of London protesting about this price of petrol... there really is little hope.

On 15 Dec 2007 at 10:57pm MC wrote:
From BBC news:
"In Southampton, 25 people attended the largest planned demonstration but another protest in Essex consisted of a single pensioner."
Ha ha ha ha... maybe there is some small hope after all.

On 16 Dec 2007 at 12:24pm The Super K wrote:
Full of self grandure and thinks that man makes any difference to the planet.
Who is MC
Ahhhh I love Jeopardy!

On 17 Dec 2007 at 7:01pm MC wrote:
"Full of self grandure and thinks that man makes any difference to the planet.
You don't think man has made any difference to this planet?
Well, obviously you haven't, cos it's plain to see you don't inhabit it.
MC

On 18 Dec 2007 at 7:47am Double Yellow Line wrote:
To be honest I really don't give a monkeys about global warning, carbon emissions or my footprint (?).
Mother nature will what she needs to and if that means the end of the world as we know it so be it. I won't be around to worry about it anyway.

On 18 Dec 2007 at 9:27am The Super K wrote:
Well the planet I live on certainly isn't suffering from global WARMING at the moment, ......... HANG ON maybe GLOBAL COOLING is back from the 1960's, Quick everyone light a fire!!!!!!!!!

On 19 Dec 2007 at 3:06pm MC wrote:
I guess you have no kids, are not intending to have any or have no children you care about... or you would not have such a selfish and self-centered narrow little attitude.

On 19 Dec 2007 at 3:29pm The Super K wrote:
Or perhaps he's not a loony!

On 19 Dec 2007 at 3:35pm Double Yellow Line wrote:
You are right I have no kids and no intention of having any. But if i did i wouldn't worry them about global warming or any such nonsense. If, not when, it happens they, their children, their grandchildren, their great grandchildren etc would be long gone. Why are you so worried about a maybe a thousand years plus in the future?
Live life now, you are a long time dead and if that's selfish i plead guilty as charged.

On 19 Dec 2007 at 3:54pm The Super K wrote:
Besides hows taxing us to the poor house gonna change anything. It wouldn't be so bad if these Green Taxes would/could make a difference to the planet, but the sad fact is they will be put in and lost with all the other taxes and spent on the Labour Parties Christmas Party.

On 19 Dec 2007 at 5:36pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
There's been hot and cold periods throughout the earth's history.
This co2 global warming crap is a very good way to control 3rd world and emerging countries... co-incidence maybe? Much cheaper then invading them for sure...
PhilX

On 19 Dec 2007 at 5:54pm FA wrote:
It's also another money generator for the government. If they seriously wanted to reduce global warming, they'd start banning gas guzzling cars, non essential air travel and restrict us on the amount of gas/electic we can use.
Instead, they just slam up the taxes and everyone finds a way to afford it.

On 19 Dec 2007 at 7:24pm The Super K wrote:
Hallelujah, Finally I see the light.
You know your all marked men now. The looney lefties will be out to get you.
Anyway the fuel protest seems to have passed with out me running out of petrol!!!!!!!!

On 22 Dec 2007 at 8:00pm MC wrote:
I now know there is no hope.

On 24 Dec 2007 at 7:54am Double Yellow Line wrote:
While there is life there is hope.
Hope springs eternal.
Mind you they were cr*p on x factor.

On 7 Jan 2008 at 11:46pm lizzyfirt wrote:
hello, i'm lizzy!

13 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Castle view 19:143
Castle view

Were the Borough Zulus blacking up last night? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington