Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Vote Brexit get Johnson and Farage says Corbyn.

On 17 Apr 2016 at 1:17am Brexit or Die wrote:
From that left wing rag The Mirror " Jeremy Corbyn has warned ‘ Brexit ’ would leave Brits at the mercy of a right-wing Tory Government led by Boris Johnson and backed by Nigel Farage.
In his first major speech of the referendum campaign, Mr Corbyn said Eurosceptic Tories plan a “bonfire of rights” if Britain votes to exit the EU.
“Just imagine what the Tories would do to workers’ rights here in Britain if we voted to leave the EU,” he said.
“They’d dump rights on equal pay, working time, annual leave, for agency workers, and on maternity pay as fast as they could get away with it.”
David Cameron is widely expected to be forced out of Downing Street if he loses the June 23 EU referendum.What a stupid leftard dickhead Corbyn is,a Johnson Farage government is EXACTLY what the country needs and wants at the moment. Yet another good reason to Vote Out in my opinion..BRING IT ON BRITAIN!
On 17 Apr 2016 at 7:12am SHS wrote:
Too much emphasis on people. This is a long-term thing and our decision should not be based on who may or may not be the British PM following the vote. (Currently they are all bad imo but at least we can name them and vote them in or out, unlike the faceless and un-accountable EU lot).
On 17 Apr 2016 at 8:26am Clifford wrote:
I'll be voting to leave, but I do hate the idea that I'm alongside absolute morons like Brexit or Die.
On 17 Apr 2016 at 12:14pm demos wrote:
It's a troll Clifford who doesn't seem to realise the UK was passing equality and worker's rights legislation long before the EU and will continue to do so long after the EU has collapsed.
It is the decision of the UK to decide who forms the government and when we leave we can be sure that those policies and laws are debated, scrutinised and properly checked in parliament not handed down from unelected commissioners.
On 17 Apr 2016 at 12:46pm Vera wrote:
There is something very Churchililan about Boris Johnson,he would make a fantastic PM in my opinion.
On 17 Apr 2016 at 12:52pm D.Skinner. wrote:
Anyone that thinks that a Johnson Farage government would not abolish many workers employment rights is a naive fool.
On 17 Apr 2016 at 1:45pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
Brevity or Die and Vera - our old friend again, I think.
On 17 Apr 2016 at 2:19pm Left against EU wrote:
Excellent article in the Spectator on how the left, in abandoning it's traditional opposition to the EEC/EU, risks further consolidating it's unelectability.

Check it out here »
On 17 Apr 2016 at 3:00pm Redballs wrote:
Can anything be worse than Cam & Oz.
On 17 Apr 2016 at 4:32pm Thinker wrote:
If the British people vote in a government which wants to cut workers rights, then that is the democratic will of the British people, not some foreign bureaucrat..
On 17 Apr 2016 at 5:15pm Democracy? wrote:
That`s if you call a system in which less than a third of the population can impose for a party that can undermine the rights and wishes to destroy or sell off the assets of the majority.That is not democracy.Our system is not fit for purpose. Rightly or wrongly we need the E.U. to stop right wing governments ,brought about by a combination of our first past the post system and aided and abetted a largely right wing and foreign owned press from stripping us of everything we own and completely destroying our rights. A Johnson Farage government would be even worse than the one we have now.The E.U. although far from ideal, is clearly the lesser of the two evils.
On 17 Apr 2016 at 6:03pm Yes Democracy wrote:
If you despise democracy so much go and live in North Korea and then tell me how bad the U.K is. The EU hates democracy and ignores referendums just look at the evidence from Ireland, France and the Dutch.
"There can be no democratic choice against the European treaties" Jean-Claude Juncker
If you weren't aware Farage and Johnson are from different parties and both parties have said they would never work together in a coalition so stop with your scaremongering it's boring and irrational.
On 17 Apr 2016 at 6:19pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
@Democracy? - Good to see you putting a reasoned argument, which is far more persuasive than the fake right wing nutter posts. You raise an important point about our electoral system, which leaves a lot to be desired. I don't think that's a good enough reason to stay in the EU though. I'd rather fight for democracy in Britain instead of relying on the largesse of a group of unelected bureaucrats, who would put the brakes on a reforming leftwing UK government as quickly as they would a rightwing one. Look at how the EU treated the Greeks. Of course, in the short term we could get Boris, but we'd kick him out at the next election. As for Farage, once we left the EU, his party would have no purpose. It's just a protest group masquerading as a political party.
On 17 Apr 2016 at 6:31pm Party pooper wrote:
Once deeply hostile to his rival on the right of British politics, Nigel is now cosying up to to Boris and his campaign, as he has been guaranteed a position in a Boris government.That is not speculation that is a fact. Kippers are well aware of what is going on and it is causing problems for Nigel within UKIP. from factions that don`t trust Johnson`s Eurosceptic credentials.Nigel will crawl over broken glass and abandon an already fractured party, for a sniff of power ,as of course would Boris.They are two peas in a pod.
On 17 Apr 2016 at 9:05pm Clifford wrote:
Yes Democracy wrote: 'If you despise democracy so much go and live in North Korea and then tell me how bad the U.K is.'

A particularly stupid thing to say. We don't improve things by comparing with the worst. And your idea that Johnson and Farage couldn't form a coalition is also absurd - have you forgotten already the 2010-15 Tory/Lib Dem coalition?
On 18 Apr 2016 at 10:27pm X wrote:
But the libs had over 50 MPs. Farage doesn't have a seat so can't be in government.

On 19 Apr 2016 at 7:48am UKIP wrote:
A safe Tory seat is being lined up for him.the Tory party will split in two.

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bill Lewes 10:132
Bill Lewes

"Revolutionary" in the sense of game-changing. Unique in the world. Like the NHS. Both are very special and hugely successful... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine