Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Visitor

On 29 Mar 2018 at 10:29pm Shocked by youths wrote:
Thinking of moving to Lewes. Have been visiting to try and get a feel for the place. So far so good. However, I was left shocked on Saturday. Whilst standing in the car park, approximately 12 youths walked out of an area of open grassland, past the carpark and through to the pedestrianised chain-shop area. It was the afternoon, but they were all drinking cans of beer, swearing and laughing. The girls had scraped back pony tails, cropped Lycra tops showing off their mid-rifs (it was freezing), spray on jeans and trainers, thick gold jewellery, and the boys had shaved heads, earrings, similar gold jewellery and wore tracksuits or jeans with hoodies, all wore white or black trainers. Several were smoking. They all looked about 14 - 15 years old, and I found them intimidating in their manner and behaviour. I was rather taken aback. Does Lewes have many people like this? I have to say I haven't seen this before and have visited several times, so perhaps they were from a different area. I want to move my young family to a respectable area, so I hope you won't mind me checking this out.
On 30 Mar 2018 at 12:05am Earl of Lewess wrote:
We still have a few working class people left in Lewes, but they are gradually being removed so that there is more room for hipsters from N.London. At the moment, the rougher element are kept in a ghetto called Landport but are still allowed to move freely through the town. I can only apologise for this and hope that this traumatic experience doesn't put you off moving to the London Borough of Lewes upon Ouse.
On 30 Mar 2018 at 12:21am Country Life wrote:
Muck spreading soon. Thatíll give the SFs something else to moan about.
On 30 Mar 2018 at 12:22am U Watt wrote:
OP either a pathetic troll or a pathetic person
On 30 Mar 2018 at 12:44am endoftheouse wrote:
Grow some balls you pussy.
On 30 Mar 2018 at 7:05am Bloke wrote:
Donít worry, theyíre just visiting from Hailsham.
On 30 Mar 2018 at 7:30am Deja Vu wrote:
@bloke, you wish they were visiting from Hailsham, they are probably born and bread in Lewes and no doubt their parents are proud. But don't worry it's not the youths that you need to worry about, it's the posh tw@ts (and just tw@ts in general like Earl).
On 30 Mar 2018 at 7:38am Alun wrote:
@Shocked by youths. You appear to be one of a growing number of people (or maybe just the same person) who have nothing better to do than start random posts that you believe to be funny. It must be so sad being alone in your bedsit with just a keyboard for company. Why don't you either just knock one off every time you feel the urge to post or better still, get outside in the fresh air and meet some real people.
On 30 Mar 2018 at 7:40am Shocked by youths wrote:
No I'm not a troll, I'm genuinely asking.
I don't mean to sound pathetic! What is pathetic about asking this?
It's quite difficult as an outsider to try and work out what an area would be like to live in, and some friends of ours that moved here a few years ago mentioned this forum, so I thought it'd be a good way of communicating with the local community.
I do apologise for any offence caused.
If they were from Hailsham (which I haven't visited) rather than Lewes then that's reassuring, thank you 'Bloke'. Just want to check that there wouldn't be youths like this at the Lewes secondary school, as we can't afford the private school unfortunately.
On 30 Mar 2018 at 7:55am Shocked by youths wrote:
@'Alun'
I am rather offended by your message. Hardly random. Quite pressing, I would say.
Likewise @ 'ex gardener' your language is rather shocking.
Having re-read my message, I realise I ought to have added that parked up at the entrance to the green area was a police van plus 2 police cars. All officers from all 3 vehicles had been following the youths and had stopped them and were physically searching them. I was informed of this by a woman who had been walking her dogs on the green and saw this. I myself saw the police vehicles and the police officers, but it was the woman who told me about the police following and searching the youths.
Rather alarming I'd say for that number of police to deal with a group of young teenagers, and, understably I think, this scene has caused some alarm bells re moving here. In London, you'd only see that level of police presence if a serious crime had been committed.
Yes I hadn't seen anything else like this on our previous visits, hence my idea of asking for opinions on this forum.
Thank you.
On 30 Mar 2018 at 8:10am Garstang wrote:
Not forgetting the stabbing outside Waitrose the other day. Best stay away. Itís a ghetto down here.
On 30 Mar 2018 at 8:26am Uptown Monk wrote:
If this really is a genuine enquiry, you should be warned that whilst there are many wonderful things about Lewes, the Lewes Forum is not primarily a helpful place to get information, but a forum for semi-humorous teasing, taunting, satire and trolling. At its best itís actually very funny, but you will never get a proper answer to a question. My answer would be that Lewes is a strong, fun and safe community which like anywhere else of any size in the UK has some people who are disaffected and cause a bit of trouble, but really very few. The high police presence is because most of the time there isnít much for them to do. Itís a lovely place.
On 30 Mar 2018 at 8:33am The Major. wrote:
Don't you just love people who get offended? Yes, you "shocked by youths". Nothing better to do? go and pick up some litter along the A27. FFS
On 30 Mar 2018 at 9:21am 70s girl wrote:
Haha. You have all got sucked in by an obvious troll post. Chill. Remember the kids are now on holiday and bored
On 30 Mar 2018 at 11:09am fRENCHIE wrote:
Tres amusement
On 30 Mar 2018 at 12:36pm Troll wrote:
Itís definitely a trolling post. Almost believable until you said youíd seen a police officer.....
On 30 Mar 2018 at 1:03pm Alun wrote:
Where in Lewes is there a car park that is adjacent to open grassland? Or near enough to open grassland that you can see someone approaching from that grassland?
On 30 Mar 2018 at 1:08pm Clifford wrote:
Shocked by youths wrote: 'It's quite difficult as an outsider to try and work out what an area would be like to live in, and some friends of ours that moved here a few years ago...'

Why don't you as these friends who moved here 'a few years ago'? No doubt they could tell you what it's like to live in Lewes.
On 30 Mar 2018 at 1:14pm Shocked by youths wrote:
It was just a cry for help......

On 30 Mar 2018 at 4:44pm Madame x wrote:
I think we can identify you as a troll, I donít think any lewes resident in their right mind would recommend you use the lewes forum to get a clear impression of lewes!!

On 30 Mar 2018 at 5:27pm Shocked by youths wrote:
@Alun
The green I'm talking about is right next to the Lewes car park that houses the premier inn that we stayed in. I presume you are not a 'Lewesian' otherwise you'd know it?
You're a rowdy bunch on here aren't you!
Whoever posted the picture, that's not me.
On 30 Mar 2018 at 6:14pm Alun wrote:
@Shocked by youths, can you actually see the open grassland from the Premier Inn car park? I'm not sure you can, unless you can see round corners.
On 30 Mar 2018 at 8:07pm Kay wrote:
Sounds like you bumped into you mother and your brothers from a differant father.
Happy family day out I hope.
On 31 Mar 2018 at 8:54am femmeluxefinerey wrote:

we have an online shopping clothing and cheap dresses :www.femmeluxefinery.co.uk

Check it out here »
On 3 Apr 2018 at 1:17pm Geographer wrote:
Alun, the geezer is clearly talking about the railway land down the river from the car park out the back of the precinct. You should leave Landport and come into town now and then, it's changed quite a lot since Thatcher let you buy your council house.

12 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Clouds 65:132
Lewes Clouds

You insist on spreading misinformation, even when you have repeatedly been proven wrong and whine when called out.

Basically,... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington