Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

UKIP

On 12 Dec 2012 at 8:56am Mr Forks wrote:
So UKIP full of bigots, homophobes and little Englanders? The Tories must be sweating as that's their natural stomping ground?!
On 12 Dec 2012 at 4:10pm Mr Forks wrote:
Hopefully the fragmentation of the right will lead to the rise of the left. Carry on arguing you right wing types!!

On 12 Dec 2012 at 5:03pm my land wrote:
let get to the point . Blair was no good to run the country .
Cameron just Nic clegg puppet . so no one is running the country with hart .For the people . Violent crime on the rime Clegg and Cameron are more interested in guy geting married in church .Not Interested about sorting this country

On 12 Dec 2012 at 7:35pm Insomniac wrote:
my land . not suere whos side on . im gessing you torie voter actually. Haha loll. why cant guy get married in chuch ?? not bein funny but he married madona in a chuch b4 . I saw it ok magazeen.
On 12 Dec 2012 at 9:37pm oswald wrote:
Bigot and proud.

On 12 Dec 2012 at 10:27pm Open Your Eyes wrote:
It's not about Right vs Left fools, it's
You vs The State

On 13 Dec 2012 at 7:02am my land wrote:
insomniac . no way would i vote for cameron. or clegg .and i would not vote labour .

On 13 Dec 2012 at 8:34am Pete wrote:
Looks like the priority will be to sort the education out in the next parliament !!

On 13 Dec 2012 at 2:10pm Nixon Scraypes wrote:
Well said, Open Your Eyes, Two wings,one bird.How long are people going to put up with this farce they call democracy? Whichever party forms a government has to pretend that they have to borrow money at interest instead of creating it themselves.They've all sold us down the river for their masters .I seem to remember someone taking the government to court for not honouring election promises. The upshot was -in law they don't have to-great eh!
On 13 Dec 2012 at 6:57pm bloke wrote:
There's a great blog that reports on some of the more unscrupulous members of UKIP and their corrupt dealings.

Check it out here »

On 14 Dec 2012 at 3:40pm padster wrote:
I'm no right winger but UKIP are clearly a credible voice in british politics as witnessed by how well they do in elections particulary by=elections. Crucially they steal troy voters from the tories. However, and I for one support this they are simply saying at what point do we continue to allow our severignity to be given over to the eventual federal states of europe. I for one believe in parliament and as a supporter of the more traditional labour party if UKIP are going to be the only party to stand up for that then they might get my vote. The mainstream parties will not have a referunmdum on europe because they would get a big fat NO to further intergration. that is democracy and i imagine there are unscrupulous members in all political parties.
On 14 Dec 2012 at 4:25pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I'm afraid that in my eyes they're just like a more civilised version of the BNP.
I beleive they are in favour of restoring the right to smoke in pubs though, and I like that.

On 14 Dec 2012 at 4:59pm padster wrote:
Thats quite an unfair comparision and either you give evidence to that effect or your just spouting opinions baseless of fact, A bit like how the BNP operate.
On 14 Dec 2012 at 7:01pm Insomniac wrote:
I'm with ACT on this.. UKIP have some extraordinarily shady characters in their midst. In fact they're probably even worse than BNP, they're of the 'the wogs start at Calais' mindset. What they have got, over the BNP, is a better funded PR department, barely veiling their Little Englandism. They appeal to the Sussex Jims of this world, the inveterate racists who resent their loss of voice.
I don't think they're anything like credible, but with the current crop of nepotists, criminals and self-serving careerists currently in charge, the bar of political credibility isn't really at a terribly challenging height.
With regard to sovereignty - who really cares? Do you really prefer to be disenfranchised by a British capitalist ruling elite than a European one? How has EU membership really affected your life?
On 14 Dec 2012 at 7:55pm padster wrote:
I just don't agree that UKIP are a front for a racist party. They are very right wing libertarian economics with a strong nationalist agenda. I would not like to see them in power, but I respect their right to be a mainstream political party and to dismiss them is to dismiss the relative sizable votes they receive particularly in european elections. my political point is I believe in european union but I don't believe in federalism and I feel our parliament needs protecting and its power not diluted by more european integration.

On 15 Dec 2012 at 10:40pm GhostBike wrote:
How can you be a "libertarian economist" and not believe in the free movement of labour?

On 16 Dec 2012 at 9:57am padster wrote:
GB you may need to ask ukip that question but if you read their manifesto they believe in free market policies yet want to have tighter control of our borders. I am no spokesman for ukip but I think they believe they can have a free market economy with a social policy of restricted immigration.

On 16 Dec 2012 at 12:28pm Ed Can Do wrote:
It's spouting nonsense like that that robs them of all political credibility. You can't have a free market if you restrict one element of supply, that's just basic economics. It's like the government privatising the railways to increase competition then creating a load of mini-monopolies all over the country, it doesn't work. There are arguments for restricted immigration that aren't stupid but you can't preach a closed shop for labour and a free market for goods at the same time which is why the majority of support UKIP gets is from racists, not from reasonable right-wingers.

I remember having to stay in a BnB above a pub when I was on an audit years ago and there was a meeting of the local branch of UKIP in the bar. I overheard their candidate spouting nonsense like that and couldn't help but laugh out loud. I ended up getting into a fairly lengthy debate with the guy and he simply couldn't reconcile his desire to distance us from Europe with the need (At the time) for an army of seasonal labour, mostly from Europe, to harvest the fruit from local farms every summer. My personal experience of UKIP diehards is that they fixate on the no foreigners issue and aren't too sure on any other of their party's policies.

On 16 Dec 2012 at 2:00pm padster wrote:
your personal experience of those UKIP members I don't dispute. I agree they have a pick and mix attitude to policy I just don't believe that the increase in some of their popular policies are supported by people who are racist because they support UKIP. I just feel although elements of them are undesirable and racist to their core they are not in the same vein as the BNP.

On 16 Dec 2012 at 6:52pm expat two wrote:
"I am no spokesman for ukip but I think they believe they can have a free market economy with a social policy of restricted immigration. "
ie, they, and you, haven't got the faintest idea how its possible to a 'libertarian ecoomist' and hate the dark skinned - oops, I mean implement a social policy of restricted immigration.
An unworkable manifesto to draw the vote of the unrepresented rabid.
There really are none so blind... &c.

On 16 Dec 2012 at 9:24pm Padster wrote:
I refer you to my post on the immigration and labour thread. It's easy to call people names we all do it on here we are all a bit of a rabble . How you think i hate dark skinned is really intruiging by the way i think the term your looking for is black people but what would you know in your twee little cottage in the centre of lewes.

On 17 Dec 2012 at 4:40pm padster wrote:
On reflection ukip are more like the bnp than I previously thought.

Check it out here »

15 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Portal 74:132
Lewes Portal

Thanks, Stevied. You’re right, They are the best fields and pretty secure, (save for the gate at the top.) She’s on heat at... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams