Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Tory councils

On 29 Dec 2009 at 2:07pm Dont vote tory wrote:
See this:
.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/dec/28/inconvenient-truths-tory-councils-progressive

On 29 Dec 2009 at 6:10pm Blimbos cousin wrote:
must be SOME benefit...
how come there's free public parking all over Weaden then?

On 29 Dec 2009 at 7:25pm Ken Wood wrote:
Where the f***'s Weaden? Some little village tucked away in deepest Somerset that no-one's ever heard of....

On 29 Dec 2009 at 7:52pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
I can't see any benefit - higher council tax and less services from what I see so far.

On 29 Dec 2009 at 8:43pm Efflic wrote:
What a surprise, an anti Tory report in the yougurt knitting Guardian.
I know lets all live in cloud cuckoo land otherwise known as Libdemsville where everything and everyone is wonderfull and money is no object.

On 30 Dec 2009 at 7:32am sashimi wrote:
Ken, Wealden is the next district to the east of Lewes with Crowborough, Heathfield and Hailsham in it. Odd on planning, brilliant at recycling. It would be nice to hear a Tory rebuttal of the Guardian piece rather than just Herr Flick's manic ranting.

On 30 Dec 2009 at 10:07am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
They manage to provide excellent public toilets! I wish someone from Lewes council would go and find out what the secret of keeping them odour-free is, even the newly refurbished ones pong already.

On 30 Dec 2009 at 11:04am Bunter wrote:
ACT - Lewes DC outsource them to some bum company from South London. I met one of their 'supervisors' once. Moronic wasn't the word.

On 30 Dec 2009 at 11:29am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Well, they need to stop. It's no wonder people urinate in the streets, the stench in the lavs brings tears to your eyes. You need breathing apparatus before you can go for a wee in this town.

On 30 Dec 2009 at 3:35pm Prick Stein wrote:
The best way to keep loos odour free is to not let anyone piss in them and don't let tramps sleep in them or smackheads shoot up in them!

On 30 Dec 2009 at 11:01pm Bunter wrote:
Whatever happened to that Tory who used to pop up on here showing a lot of interest in Lewes? Jason somebody. Couldn't one of his clones post something?

On 1 Jan 2010 at 8:32pm Bloke wrote:
ACT, if you think that wealden's Public conveniences are so good I suggest you use the ones in Heathfield by the old TVR dealer, its worse that any of LDC's by a country mile.
Are you trying to say the newly renovated ones at Court Road are bad?

On 2 Jan 2010 at 3:20pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
They smell awful already.
I've never used the ones in Heathfield, but the bogs in Mayfield, Alfriston, and at Willingdon triangle are always immaculate and odour-free, as are the ones at Beachy Head, but they might be Eastbourne.
I've been known to make use of a farm track in preference to the stinking cess-pits that pass for lavatories in Seaford, they're disgusting.

On 6 Jan 2010 at 9:23pm devil wrote:
and lewes toilets are unclean person who cleans them is darren baker

On 6 Jan 2010 at 9:45pm SAR wrote:
In defence of LDC and Lewes toilets: They can't be that bad. I heard that people even live in them.

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Downward dog 33:132
Downward dog

I feel with each passing day, Tom Pains credibility on this pandemic issue wanes. Not that much credibility was warranted to... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine