Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Tories lose control of LDC

On 3 Apr 2013 at 7:13pm Dave wrote:
UKIP defection confirmed from the LDC Tories. They no longer have a majority.

On 3 Apr 2013 at 9:22pm Tom wrote:
Could this mean an end to the wasteful Nexus programme that is demoralising many of the staff I know at LDC
On 3 Apr 2013 at 9:22pm the old mayor wrote:
More to come then ? Remember Politicians are like dirty nappies and should be changed frequently for the same reasons !!
On 3 Apr 2013 at 11:10pm In the know wrote:
Howson defected because he was deselected for county as he was a poor performer, now he's chasing the cash. Seems ukip will take any old rejects. Tom, what's wasteful about nexus? What don't staff like about it, accountability?

On 3 Apr 2013 at 11:38pm In the know is Cllr Page wrote:
In the know is Cllr Page.

On 4 Apr 2013 at 5:59am In the know wrote:
Who said? Evidence? if I was then i would be. Who are you, hit and run coward?

On 4 Apr 2013 at 7:57am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Is Nexus the thing where they have to hotdesk and work from home?
If so, there are a fair few who object to being forced to work from home. here are some I know who (justifiably) object to having to heat and light their houses while they're at work, just to save their enployer a few bob. They're people who live locally, so will not save any money in fares/petrol.
I also know one council employee who is dreading it. He has 3 kids under 5 and a small house, and will have to work from his living room with all the sprogs underfoot. Not ideal!
On 4 Apr 2013 at 8:37am In the know wrote:
It's a shame your employee freinds don't listen, nobody is being forced to work from home! Agile working is to enable people to work flexibly, perform the duties they need to perform at time that suits them, the service provision and in locations that are fit for purpose. It's a shame that a few people feel the need to be tied to a desk 9-5 rather than actually performing the function in the best way. Perhaps you might encourage your freinds to go and talk to HR or Agile reps who can help them understand what's on offer.

On 4 Apr 2013 at 10:05am In The Know is Cllr Page wrote:
In The Know is DEFINITELY Cllr Page. No-one else would defend his beloved Nexus program with the same level of enthusiasm.

On 4 Apr 2013 at 10:45am Rods Tiger wrote:
Is that "In The Know" over there imparting information or drowning ? difficult to tell.

On 4 Apr 2013 at 11:33am In the know wrote:
In the know is Cllr page is Cllr Mcleary the only person in Lewes is scared of nexus
On 4 Apr 2013 at 1:18pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
I work for LDC and I'm really looking forward to agile working. It will be an advantage for me to work from home when I can, and it will be nice for us to all work in the same building. I've worked or the Council for 12 years and I hardly know anyone due to the many buildings we operate from.

On 4 Apr 2013 at 2:23pm Tom wrote:
Nexus - Accountability, ha ha ha don't make me laugh, staff scattered all over East Sussex, do you imagine all the staff that work for LDC live in the town a few yards away from the office ?, no one knowing what staff are doing, where is the accountability then, the costs of it have been under estimated, particularly regarding I.T provision, see if you still get the same level of service in a couple of years or will you just an answer phone when every you try to call the Council. like other "Agile" Councils are now

On 4 Apr 2013 at 3:50pm Pedant wrote:
In the Know: "I before E except after C".

On 4 Apr 2013 at 4:40pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
Do you work for the Council Tom?

On 4 Apr 2013 at 7:03pm Pete wrote:
What's Google Nexus got to do with the Council?!

On 4 Apr 2013 at 7:22pm In the know wrote:
Thanks pedant, I'll try harder

On 4 Apr 2013 at 10:58pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Pedant, tell that to my beige neighbour.

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes antiquities 89 54:132
Lewes antiquities 89

Hello Lewes Forum, I have an enquiry.
Does anyone know of an enclosed field near Lewes where our delightful but errant 10 month... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine