Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The pizza poll

On 18 May 2009 at 11:21pm Roly Mo wrote:
Just voted in the Italian restaurant poll, and I can't believe that Lazzattis is in the lead. Years ago, it was definately the best, but I went with my other half on Valentines day, and to be honest, the menu was completely uninspiring. The food was nice enough, but the meal I'd had in ASK a few days earlier knocked spots off of the one in Lazzattis. I went again with some friends a few weeks later, and we all agreed that the menu is really dull and the food wasn't that special. Come on Mauro, you can do better than that.

On 18 May 2009 at 11:53pm THEINTREPIDFOX wrote:
Prezzo still tops Lazzatti and especially beats ASK by miles.

On 19 May 2009 at 8:55am Naughty Knickers wrote:
Prezzo all the way ! *hight five * foxy x

On 19 May 2009 at 9:30am Mystic Mog wrote:
Not been to Prezzo yet. Probably because I was told, perhaps incorrectly, that the food is made off site and warmed up in the restaurant, ie does not have a proper chef. Is this correct?? Does it matter?

On 19 May 2009 at 1:29pm Ed Can Do wrote:
If they do cook it off site and just warm it up, the chefs in the open kitchen do a really good job of pretending to be busy.
Prezzo is easily the best in town, I've never had a bad meal there and we go there quite a lot. The staff are all incredibly helpful and friendly, the food's great and it's not too expensive. My one criticism would be that being a chain, they very rarely change their menu but they do have specials on and those change pretty often (Unlike ASK who had the same pasta special on for two months at one point).
Lazzatis is nice enough but it's not as good as it used to be. I suspect that putting all the extra seats in is part of the problem as it feels rather cramped in there these days.

On 19 May 2009 at 2:01pm Mystic Mog wrote:
Fair enough Ed, I will give Presso a whirl with Mrs Mog. Should not always trust hearsay.

On 19 May 2009 at 4:12pm sashimi wrote:
Aren't you fed up with spahetti and pizza? There are so many Italian restaurants here, perhaps the Town should change its name to Luigi's. How about a French bistro or even somewhere that's English.

On 19 May 2009 at 4:13pm Bargain Hunter wrote:
2 for 1 at Prezzo until 6th April.
Google it,you will find a voucher.

On 19 May 2009 at 4:28pm THEINTREPIDFOX wrote:
What a question? Will we ever get fed up with Harvey's? Will kids have enough of sweets one day? I'm surprised what a ray of sunshine and a bit of heat can do to people's brains. Sahimi, following your thinking that means we should close the Lewes Arms and other Pubs because the Gardeners already has the widest selection of ales? I will get you a nice pint at the LA next time to restore your sanity.. And whilst we at it, let's rename Lewes to 'You wouldn't like it'

On 19 May 2009 at 5:05pm Mystic Mog wrote:
Off the top of my head, English food in Lewes
Seasons
Doorsteps
Casbar
Bill's (some of the food)
Most of Lewes' pubs and hotels
Fish and Chips
Artisan which is a mixture of English and Polish
I am sure that I have missed out some.
Plus we have a number of Indian, Chinese and Thai resturants.
So Salami it is not all Italian, in fact if you include currys as UK cusine, then Italian food is in the minority. However a distinct French Bistro would be nice, perhaps you could open one!

On 19 May 2009 at 8:49pm Tax Payer wrote:
I bought a pizza (delivery) about 3 months ago and the box dropped off the table spilling the last slice on the floor it was face down - the gets had only written OIOA on the bottom in red marker - they denied it and said it was me - god knows what OIOA means - my girlfriend said I should report them but it was their word against mine - not eaten pizza since

On 20 May 2009 at 1:04am THEINTREPIDFOX wrote:
Tax Payer,..Haha.. was that my order you got which I returned to ASK? Wrote VOID with permanent marker underneath each slice of Pizza in case they just warm it up and return after a screwed up order on their part. So they may didn't write it but a previous customer did. Not the first time I have done this.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Castle Penny 62:132
Lewes Castle Penny

Thanks man, I'll head off to the Malvinas,still unacountably above the waves. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams