Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

The junk shop on Cliffe Bridge

16
14
On 4 Apr 2016 at 8:16pm Socialist wrote:
Rarely in my life have I hated a business so much.
They don't even need security as the bovine scatology they sell loses all of its value the second it leaves the shop.
One of the most cynical "businesses" I have ever seen, run by a pony-tailed spiv.
5
11
On 4 Apr 2016 at 9:01pm Sid wrote:
Which one are you talking about? The jeweller?
5
5
On 4 Apr 2016 at 10:16pm Tipex wrote:
Hu? You're talking about the antiques shop I'm assuming? You have the right to a refund if required so why not... get a refund?
9
9
On 4 Apr 2016 at 11:06pm Archie H wrote:
They sell stuff which you can buy or not buy. They inflate their prices because they need to make a profit. There isn't a business in the world, large or small, which doesn't work to the same principle. Your hatred therefore seems a bit odd.
6
9
On 5 Apr 2016 at 6:55am I hate Steamer Trading wrote:
Cuz they're the original DFL's (1970's) originally in Alfriston.
10
6
On 5 Apr 2016 at 7:51am Convenient wrote:
@Socialist , did you buy something you regret ? did anyone make you go in there ? ( apart from Mrs Socialist who probably likes the rusty table she bought using your money ) . And seriously ! If it's even true ? It bothers you that someone has only lived here for 40+ years ? you have major issues if that's the case . .Also I guess living in such a middle class capitalistic town as Lewes must really trouble your socialist mind . May I suggest you move to some where with a British Home Stores , I think you'll find their style and prices much more appealing to your taste and narrow mind set .
3
5
On 5 Apr 2016 at 7:57am Convenient wrote:
OK so before I get get slated , the dfl reference in my post was aimed at @ I hate steamer trading , the rest stands .
8
4
On 5 Apr 2016 at 8:23pm Socialist wrote:
I have never bought any junk from the place and never will.
However I am actually aware how profit works, as well as when it becomes excessive. If people really have that much money they don't need they could be giving it to charity rather than a shyster who sells rusty buckets for 50+
13
2
On 5 Apr 2016 at 8:44pm Gerty wrote:
No need to insult the shopkeeper. Value is dictated by the buyer, not the seller. I take the fact it's a viable business selling what they do as a sign of a massive patholigical stupidity of shoppers of the kind that literally beggars belief rather than any ill intent from the shop.
5
1
On 5 Apr 2016 at 11:47pm Socialist wrote:
Yeah right
4
8
On 6 Apr 2016 at 8:07am Reality wrote:
You sound lovely socialist, what a gem Lewes has in you. Giving shop keepers a hard time, really? Have you nothing else in your life to concern yourself with, but then again your politics is outdated & finished. I guess someone has to bear the brunt of your frustrations! How dare any shop make a profit...tut tut.
1
3
On 6 Apr 2016 at 11:14am I hate ............. wrote:
Steamer Trading - Is it really 40 years -
 
 
On 7 Apr 2016 at 2:32pm Fast show wrote:
If you have seen it , then I think it applies . It's staggering what the new money will buy , to me it's crap but the world is still turning
1
5
On 7 Apr 2016 at 7:19pm Socialist wrote:
@Reality
Straw man arguments much? Shop keepers are not above criticism. Why should they be?
And by the way, if my politics is finished, how come Socialism was okay when it came to rescuing the banks?
5
 
On 7 Apr 2016 at 7:24pm Socialist wrote:
Oh hold on....I take it all back.
They've just got a clapped out French metal table in for 650. Just what I needed

Check it out here »
4
2
On 7 Apr 2016 at 7:35pm I like the radiator wrote:
behind the table - I got one the same on eBay for 25.00
1
1
On 8 Apr 2016 at 10:22pm Socialist wrote:
See 'The Shop'?
It's basically like this:

Watch the video »


20 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Impending Sheep 45:132
Impending Sheep

"Revolutionary" in the sense of game-changing. Unique in the world. Like the NHS. Both are very special and hugely successful... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell