Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The UK destroyed as England leaves the EU.

On 3 May 2015 at 7:39pm Vote Labour wrote:
The only main English political party in favour of E.U. membership is Labour.The LibDems will cave in to Cameron over a referendum, it is not one of their so called red lines,as long as they can join him in a new coalition.It is clear that Cameron will fail on his so called renegotiation with the EU as freedom of movement is clearly non negotiable.Cameron will whip up anti European hysteria to shift the blame onto Europe for his failure,a referendum is likely to see Britain leave.This will trigger both the Welsh ,the Scots to have their own referenda to leave the UK.They will both split off and rejoin the EU.For many anti UK anti EU English people this may be a satisfactory outcome.Not for some of us though.I think we are staring into the abyss.Vote anything other than Labour and you are risking the fragmentation of our United Kingdom and our European destiny.Please bear this in mind before you vote for those cuddly Greens and those unprincipled and weak Lib Dems.
On 3 May 2015 at 8:05pm The Colonel wrote:
If a major player like the UK votes to leave, then it will fall like a pack of cards, very quickly. The sweatys and the Welsh will not be so keen to leave the pound and dive into Europe.
The anti EU lobby is growing right across the continent and I think you will find that other countries will go down the referendum route soon as well if the Tories get in next Thursday.
On 3 May 2015 at 8:43pm Mike wrote:
Meanwhile, further east, Vlad will be rubbing his hands in delight while he considers the opportunities.....
On 3 May 2015 at 9:14pm The Old Mayor wrote:
Will it be so awful to find richer customers in a much, much larger market, ie the rest of the world, than continue trying to trade with bankrupt countries in Europe ? #complete red herring

On 3 May 2015 at 10:21pm Hello wrote:
I don't see why the two are mutually incompatible, old chap. Germany manages to be in the EU and to be a far greater exporter to China (and indeed to anywhere else) than we are. Likewise many northern european countries have healthier trade balances with the emerging world than we do.
And just before you label everyone as a bankrupt, we've got the highest consumer debt in Europe, and a pretty rotten balance of trade.
On 3 May 2015 at 11:55pm The Old Mayor wrote:
Exactly Hello, we need to 'find the customers with the money'
On 4 May 2015 at 12:44am Colonel Peanut. wrote:
Anyone that refers to the Scots as the "sweatys"is an ignorant racist bigot.Anyone that thinks that Europe will collapse if Britain leaves, needs a brain transplant.So there you have it,"The Colonel"is a brain dead, racist bigot.A peanut has more sense.
On 4 May 2015 at 1:35am Alfie wrote:
Typical Ukipper then.
On 4 May 2015 at 5:52am wrote:
Is that true Old Mayor?
EU members canít trade outside of the EU?
Why would you say that if it isnít true, unless you're just churning a lie you read somewhere.
Citation needed please
On 4 May 2015 at 6:55am Cocoa Nut wrote:
We have to find a final solution to the sub terranean nuts like Peanut. Us above ground nuts are destined to be the Master Nuts. Our genetic purity comes from the sun.Take Strength Through Joy fellow nuts . And when my book, My Shie is published, you chosen nuts of the Lewes Forum will be the first to know.

On 5 May 2015 at 11:24am Actually wrote:
The EU would survive a Brexit.
The real crunch would be if France votes in Marine Le Pen's Front Nationale, which is not all that unlikely. There's no way the EU could survive one of the two main founder members leaving.
Incidentally she is funded by the Russians (through a Russian bank). Now I wonder why they would have a vested interest?

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight 22:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Alight

Tom. I share your instinctive feeling that there has been an over reaction to covid as for most people it really isn't serious.... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine