Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The Tesco poll

On 21 Feb 2009 at 3:06pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
There are probably 20 regular users of this forum, and over 2000 votes in the Tesco poll. Mmmmmmm, interesting.

On 21 Feb 2009 at 5:29pm Bobs Your Uncle wrote:
Are you blonde?

On 21 Feb 2009 at 7:48pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
No. And I don't have an uncle called Bob either.

On 21 Feb 2009 at 8:14pm The Webmaster wrote:
In the past month there have been over 10,000 unique visitors to this site

On 21 Feb 2009 at 8:38pm zola wrote:
Wahay!!!

On 22 Feb 2009 at 12:35pm Delphi wrote:
How do you know they are unique. based on what? Many isp's use random ip address's so it can't be based on that. As there is no log-in process on this site, all a user would have to do is delete their cookies between visits, and this site would think they were different visitors.
This is proved by the fact I have just voted in the poll a second time.
In fairness, the poll should be removed, as just one person could have tainted its results.

On 22 Feb 2009 at 1:02pm The Webmaster wrote:
This is what Google analytics says - so its not based on IP addresses but cookies so it can only be a guide
Unique Visitors (or Absolute Unique Visitors)
Unique Visitors represents the number of unduplicated (counted only once) visitors to your website over the course of a specified time period. A Unique Visitor is determined using cookies.

On 22 Feb 2009 at 2:10pm Spongebob wrote:
Well, after a disgraceful fiddling of the votes where it went from 70-30 in favour ro 70-30 against in the space of an hour, the "fors" have now caught back up and it's 50-50

On 22 Feb 2009 at 7:53pm Delphi wrote:
Ok, So anyone deleting their cookies between sessions would be counted as a new unique user and therefore, be able to vote again.

On 22 Feb 2009 at 8:30pm Pearlie wrote:
Tee hee

On 22 Feb 2009 at 8:33pm Dave wrote:
I guess there will be people who want to swing the vote one way or the other, so its just down to who's got the most time on their hands with nothing better to do, ie. the more Billy-no-mates you have on your side the more likely you are to get to the top of the poll.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Closet and Botts 29:132
Closet and Botts

Im not as convinced as you are that ivermectin is effective as a treatment for covid. The overwhelming evidence shows the vaccine... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like All the wide open spaces on the downs
Jojo