Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The Lewes Small P*nis Club

On 22 May 2012 at 11:18pm Disgruntled wrote:
Anyone else noticed that now the sunshine is here the Lewes small p*nis club is out in force? You can tell their members by the loud exhausts on their s*it bikes and modified Corsa's, including the one which ran round the town at 23:15 tonight mailing such a nice racket.
So come on, each time a member of the Lewes small p*nis club drives or rides past, please point and laugh, you never know, they might even get the hint!

On 23 May 2012 at 5:51am Old man racer wrote:
I often think this but then, i very quickly stop myself and think that when i was their age, i probably did the same. I had all the extras...spot lights, air horns, fluffy seat covers and probably a loudish exhaust.
It's what youngsters do. I don't like them tearing up streets on estates at 200 mph though especially where kids are out playing.

On 23 May 2012 at 7:00am Ben wrote:
I would to join your SPC but sadly have the wrong credentials. Any chance you
could make an exception? I promise not to get my whopper out.

On 23 May 2012 at 7:51am Pete wrote:
Yep, we all did that when we were their age. Just reminisce for a moment and then carry on..

On 23 May 2012 at 9:05am Myself wrote:
Just as a counter argument. Bikes have loud Exhausts as a safety measure, So the morons in cars that have no concept of anything outside their Audi Tw*tmobile realise that they are there and thus do not kill them.

On 23 May 2012 at 9:48am georgie wrote:
Myself such a bikers view- morons in cars eh well ive seen my fair share or morons on bikes riding like they are trying to kill themselves (and others) im fed up of it always being the car driver that gets the slating - cars and bikes are equally responsible for safe driving/riding ?????????????

On 23 May 2012 at 10:30am myself wrote:
Never ridden a bike then? I do agree there are morons on bikes, But consider who will consistently come of worse in an accident. Consider the ratio of bikes to cars. Consider the ammount of people who seem to have got their license from the back of a shreddies packet, consider the ammount of drivers who txt/speak on the phone. statistically its the Car driver at fault. No question

On 23 May 2012 at 11:31am georgie wrote:
obviously a biker will come off worse but that doesnt mean its the car drivers fault, yes i agree alot of drivers do seem to have got their licence from the back of a cereal packet but think it an unfair comment that an accident will more likely be a car drivers fault- just because some people dont know how to drive - each sitautiobn is different so no judgement is probably the best way to go.
On 23 May 2012 at 11:42am PC Brigade wrote:
Disgruntled. Bit sexist to suggest this club you say exists is restricted to people with a small penis. It could be a big c*** club, after all you did start the thread.

On 23 May 2012 at 12:58pm Oxford Dic wrote:
What is wrong with spelling out the word penis properly? It is not a dirty word. Neither is scrotum, testes etc..

On 23 May 2012 at 3:42pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Agree with you about loud bikes, Myself. A blaring exhaust may just make people check their mirrors before pulling out and knocking them off (bikers, not mirrors). Of course, the EU are trying to stop this handy safety feature!
While you get bad motorcyclists AND bad drivers, I think a lot of drivers are very unaware of bikes. I think most bikers who drive cars as well are very road aware (although I make an exception for my late father, who was licensed for both but should never have been allowed to go on a pushbike, never mind something with an engine). The vast majority of bike v car near misses I've seen have been the car driver's fault.
I wish there was a way of letting bikers know that I'm aware of their presence when I'm driving and that it's safe for them to pass me though. Tucking my car into the nearside and making very obvious checks of my mirrors sometimes works, but not always.
I think there may be a bit of a problem with "born again" bikers, who learned in their teens, gave it up in their 20's and got a bike again when they hit middle age. Modern bikes are so much more powerful than those of 20-30 years ago, it must be like learning in a Reliant Robin and then driving a Ferrari.

On 23 May 2012 at 10:43pm bonfire boy wrote:
I thinks its totally unnecessary for all that noise in the town if the twats with the big exhurst pipes have to make that noise the they should go to brands hatch etc not in built up places they should be banned on the public road

On 23 May 2012 at 11:48pm LIVEANDLETLIVE wrote:
Bonfire boy you are a complete moron. Where did you learn your excellent english? Take your noisy dangerous fireworks elsewhere.Small penis probably !!!

On 25 May 2012 at 7:41am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Bonfire Boy, the loud exhausts help make drivers aware that there is a bike in the vicinity so that they look out for them. Going to Brands wouldn't help people who commute by bike to stay safe now, would it?

On 25 May 2012 at 11:56am Taff wrote:
If car drivers were more aware then loud exhausts on bikes would not be needed, though they probably would still be fitted. As a biker and car driver myself it usually is the car driver that creates the problem but not always. Had 2 near incidents myself a few years ago due to drivers looking at their satnavs which were situated in the centre console where car makers used to fit ashtrays. Why supply something that takes the drivers eyes away from whats in fron of them.
It would be benefiail to do what they do in europe where pretty much all drivers spent their teen years on mopeds, scooters or bikes. It does make people more alert and aware to riders 2 wheelers.
Penis or no penis cyclists are by far the worst road users. Thats when they are not on the pavement of course.

On 25 May 2012 at 4:40pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Probably a topic for another thread, but I'd be intrigued to know if it would be possible to measure the additional pollution cars cause as a result of being stuck behind cyclists.
It's common to see a long queue of cars crawling along the C7 at walking pace with a cyclist at the head of the queue. There are so few opportunities for overtaking on that road it's quite conceivable a car could do the whole 7 miles behind a bike.

On 1 Jun 2012 at 5:43pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Mine has always been adequate, according to my girlfriends. I used to cruise around Sussex in a beetle (1500) blaring out Mungo Jerry, Dawn and Christie. And T.Rex. Firle Beacon was always a good place for sh****ng. Hope my wife does'nt read this...

On 1 Jun 2012 at 6:14pm Southover Queen wrote:
I used that road this morning, ACT. I encountered about four, maybe five cyclists and while it probably delayed my journey by about five minutes altogether waiting to overtake, what frightens me is the boy racers who get frustrated and then overtake on blind corners. I can hear them revving their engines in the queue behind me, and one of these days I'm going to meet one on the wrong side of the road coming straight at me. Cyclists aren't the problem: the problem is impatient drivers bereft of judgement.

On 1 Jun 2012 at 10:32pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
On 3 occasions today I met vehicles overtaking cyclists on bends. They're all mad.

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes centre of The Cosmos 64:132
Lewes centre of The Cosmos

This morning some runners from Lewes (hardy souls given the downpours) were passing along the lanes in East Chiltington when they... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde