Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

The Daily Mail!

4
 
On 27 Mar 2014 at 10:47am peanut wrote:
How much did you get then Nobby?

Check it out here »
5
1
On 27 Mar 2014 at 12:36pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
First the Argus, now the Mail.
How many more threads from here are going to make the national news, I wonder?
 
4
On 27 Mar 2014 at 2:21pm The Lewes Mole wrote:
How did they get wind of this?
 
2
On 27 Mar 2014 at 3:08pm Old Cynic wrote:
A slow news day or the Daily mail are getting short of cancer scare stories
14
3
On 27 Mar 2014 at 3:20pm Nobby wrote:
I didn't knowingly contribute or agree to any articles going in the papers, as far as I know they picked all that stuff up from this forum. We didn't take the money the Daily Mail offered for an interview and pictures in the end as my wife doesn't want to be splashed across the papers which is fair enough.
4
14
On 27 Mar 2014 at 5:15pm Seriously doubting. wrote:
The paramedics considered it unnecessary to take her to hospital and said they could go to the Lewes Victoria to seek advice under their own steam. Why did they go to Brighton A & E? Because it makes for a better argument when trying to get in the papers and get more money from Waitrose. You did not HAVE to go to Brighton A & E, you CHOSE to. I think you should be ashamed of yourselves.
1
 
On 27 Mar 2014 at 5:39pm Helpful Hanna wrote:
and there is piece in today's - The Sun !!! Page 31 - what it is to be famous !!
17
1
On 27 Mar 2014 at 5:58pm Nobby wrote:
Actually we did go to the Victoria Hospital first but we're told they couldn't deal with it. If you've ever been to Brighton A&E you would have tried the Vic first too.
13
1
On 27 Mar 2014 at 6:10pm Nobby wrote:
And the single paramedic said he would have taken us but as he was on his own he couldn't. I guess its policy. He said we could try the Vic but wasn't sure they could deal with it. I can assure you all I was concerned about at the time was my wifes well being.
I always find facts are a good place start when making an argument though Seroiously Doubting.
7
5
On 27 Mar 2014 at 7:53pm The Kronic wrote:
The sun reported it Nobby....so therefore i don't believe a word of what you say. lol
 
9
On 27 Mar 2014 at 9:28pm The Nescafe Bloke wrote:
As soon as I saw the post about Waitrose I knew it was a Scam!
I even hinted at it then saying that Nobby probably got a hint from the TV program Grifters!
Nobby you aught to be ashamed of yourself preying on peoples good will. You wanted to make this as public as is possible and now you are saying its not your fault its public?
Do you believe in Karma Nobby?
5
2
On 27 Mar 2014 at 10:50pm The Old Mayor wrote:
Why are the staff so nice in Waitrose, compared to the other supermarket in town ?
9
 
On 27 Mar 2014 at 10:53pm Nobby wrote:
I'm not saying it's not my fault it's public.
I did say "I didn't knowingly contribute or agree to any articles going in the papers"
It's not a scam and I have never watched The Grifters or have the slightest idea of what it's about.
2
7
On 28 Mar 2014 at 1:01pm Seriously doubting. wrote:
Ok Nobby, fair point about facts. It wasn't reported that you went to the Vic first. But it is the case that the paramedic did not think your situation warranted a journey in an ambulance.
What did they say at 'Brighton A & E' (was it the Royal Sussex?).
When you first talked about this on this forum you were asking what we all thought and I believe most people felt it was just human error by the person servicing/cleaning the coffee machine who hadn't rinsed out the container enough (but who may now have lost their job), and that as your wife wasn't made very ill you should graciously accept a voucher from the store (50 would have been more appropriate).
I feel sorry for the store in question because they haven't done anything wrong, and you know, in life s**t just happens sometimes. That's just the way it is, and sometimes things are actual accidents and not done on purpose.
7
 
On 28 Mar 2014 at 2:29pm belladonna wrote:
SD, I think you are being very mean. Nobby clearly says the paramedic couldn't take them to hospital because there was only one of him. And the Vic couldn't help them. This could have been very serious indeed and I do think Waitrose ought to offer compensation for the lost weekend. Nobby I would continue your grievance privately with Waitrose - clearly laying out the expenses you have incurred and also getting doctors' reports (if you haven't already got them) putting the ball very clearly in their court as to an appropriate response.
Hope your wife is better now.
1
7
On 28 Mar 2014 at 9:21pm The Nescafe Bloke wrote:
Are you going to speak with Simon from the BBC as well?
I maybe wrong but I think it stinks from the whole way you went about it.
1
 
On 29 Mar 2014 at 6:14pm Journo wrote:
Nationals have 'stringers', usually journos on the local paper, who feed stories to them by keeping their eye on what's going on in their area. This forum is a good read so if a local reporter wasn't keeping an eye on it they wouldn'tbe doing their job. Also they get a nice drink from feeding the story.
4
 
On 30 Mar 2014 at 1:05pm Retired Archbishop wrote:
I suspect that the reason the single paramedic could not take you was because there is not sufficient room in the car because of the equipment carried. If they were in an ambulance, it would not be possible for the person driving, to keep an eye on you.
3
 
On 1 Apr 2014 at 11:52am Seriously doubting. wrote:
Perhaps I am being a bit mean, for which I apologise.
I think if the paramedic thought it warranted a ambulance he/she would have called one.
I feel sorry for Waitrose being unfairly splashed all over the papers but that isn't Nobby's fault at the end of the day.
And obviously we all hope Mrs Nobby is now fighting fit.
2
 
On 4 Apr 2014 at 12:42am Dave wrote:
I think Waitrose got what they deserved for trying to fob off someone who clearly had a very traumatic experience at their hands with a 25 voucher when they offer so much more than that to get people to shop from home.
It's about corporate responsibility and respect for the customer, something they extoll in their customer charter spiel but don't seem to live up to.


17 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Vikings lewes 127:132
Vikings lewes

I would hazard a guess that:
a) very few people even notice
b) half of the very few that do think it's the work of a few... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Believe you can or believe you can't... Either way you're right
Paul