Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The C7 (aka Piddinghoe Road)

On 29 Jun 2008 at 11:55am Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Last week I passed a convoy of disabled scooters (5 in total) cruising down the C7. And it that was not stupid enough, the "driver" at the front was glued to his mobile phone.
I see a potential Darwin Award in the making.
On 30 Jun 2008 at 4:13pm Defender of the Realm wrote:
By "Disabled Scooters" do you mean Vespas with bad eye sight and a spot of gout or the kind that council layabouts use to back up their disability benefits scam?

On 30 Jun 2008 at 6:46pm Frak wrote:
I nearly drove into the back of couple a few weeks ago. Maybe it's a regular extreme sport style day out.

On 2 Jul 2008 at 8:29am Andrew Richardson wrote:
They do, on the other hand, have a legal right to be there. The mobile phone is irrelevant.

On 2 Jul 2008 at 7:59pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I did not say that the scooter riders did not have a right to be on the public highway, I was merely stating the stupidity of having a convoy on a road well known for accidents.
The comment about the mobile phone is highly relevant - driving without due care and attention is a crime and greatly increases ones chances of having an accident. Der!

On 2 Jul 2008 at 8:00pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
AND, Defender Of The Realm - I love your post!

On 5 Jul 2008 at 3:34pm Enoch wrote:
Could it be the "toilet" family on a day out?

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Buskers in Lewes 17:132
Buskers in Lewes

Actually, I would like to add to what I have written above. I understand your concerns about medical marijuana, especially if you... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams