Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Tesco shoppers

On 9 Apr 2011 at 7:16pm bazm wrote:
What on earth was going on in Tescos this afternoon. It was like one of those walmart emails with photos of unattractive trailer trash.
Loads of overweight, heavily tattood, swearing and angry looking chavs. Their kids running amok, taking sweets and easter eggs, either eating them or stamping them into the floor. Was it the weather? I half expected to see a load of caravans in the car-park.
I see that being on benefits enables you to fillup your trolley and get a taxi home.
I really should hand them money straight out of my wages and cut out the (DWP)middle man.
Sadly, I think I've seen the future!

On 9 Apr 2011 at 7:41pm Clifford wrote:
'I see that being on benefits enables you to fillup your trolley and get a taxi home.'

Did they have their UB40s sticking out of their pockets bazm? Obviously they did.

On 9 Apr 2011 at 7:51pm Supermarket avoider wrote:
Try online shopping!! Avoids getting stressed out down Tesco

On 9 Apr 2011 at 7:56pm andim wrote:
Try supporting local food producers by shopping locally. There's a food market in the Market Tower every Friday morning and the monthly farmer's market in the Cliffe Precinct. By all means park in Tesco but you don't have to shop there.

On 10 Apr 2011 at 12:38am To Laurence wrote:
bazm, FYI:

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing religious or other beliefs. The predominant usage in modern English refers to persons hostile to those of differing race, ethnicity, nationality, inter-regional prejudice, gender and sexual orientation, homelessness, various medical disorders particularly behavioral disorders and addictive disorders and religion or spirituality.
Here endeth the lesson.

On 10 Apr 2011 at 6:11am Zebedee wrote:
As the government are cutting benefits I don't suppose that dole lardies will be able to fill up their trolleys and get a taxi home for much longer.

On 10 Apr 2011 at 6:49am expat two wrote:
Yes, you probably have seen the future, one where everybody believes their selfish greed, anti social behaviuor and objectionable lifestyle is nobody's business but their own. Presently, that's the preserve only of the super rich.

On 10 Apr 2011 at 7:38am Guido wrote:
@Andim. Surely us working class people can't shop at the local food Market on a Friday morning because we have to WORK! Only if your unemployed and scrounging benefits or retired could you possibly go. I don't think my boss would apriciate me having Friday mornings off to go food shopping to help support LOCAL business's!
On 10 Apr 2011 at 9:22am Grunge wrote:
I don't think it is "bigoted" to expect acceptable behaviour from all - adult or child.

On 10 Apr 2011 at 1:12pm jrsussex wrote:
I think we are entitled to expect all, adults and children, to respect others and their property. However if parents are not prepared to raise their children with certain standards "built in", which they should teach by example and the giving of advice throughout their young lives then the children, invariably, will turn out to be not very nice adults, generally dis-liked. The fault of that, in my opinion, lies with those who, having made the decision to have children, failed to carry out what I believe is their duty, to take the time and care to raise those children to become decent responsible adults.

On 10 Apr 2011 at 9:51pm Paul Newman wrote:
A bigot is someone firmly attached to judgements about other people you do not share .

On 10 Apr 2011 at 10:13pm Grunge wrote:
Paul, if we examine your statement in the spirit of this thread, you are saying that if I or you let our children run riot and use foul language and we do nothing either to control them or to show them a better way to behave, then people who object to this are bigots? Or are you being ironical? I prefer the latter option!

On 10 Apr 2011 at 11:32pm Paul Newman wrote:
That`ll teach me to try and be epigrammatic. Can`t stand badly behaved children , on the other hand I have two boys nearly three and one nearly six and it aint always easy.

On 11 Apr 2011 at 9:19am Fat Lip wrote:
I would dearly love to give a lesson to the breed holes that are AKA "parents" a lesson on how to teach their f***trophies how to behave in society but fear they would lamp me one for trying

On 12 Apr 2011 at 12:43pm Bemused wrote:
Fat Lip, I think you are probably the type of person bazm refers to with your foul mouth and violent tendencies! Children learn by example, what a good role model you would make. Not.

On 12 Apr 2011 at 4:42pm Fat Lip wrote:
I wasn't suggesting I would "teach them a lesson" in that violent way, more actually showing them how to behave and give them a lecture on social responsibility. My name refers to what they would most likely give me if I tried. But yes I admit the rest is a little flowery of language but I love that term for what children essentially are.

On 12 Apr 2011 at 7:20pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I hadn't heard that term before, but it made me chuckle.
I don't know why children behave so badly in Tesco. You hardly ever see them playing up in Waitrose.

On 13 Apr 2011 at 11:48pm AYATOLLAH HOGMANNY wrote:
You get a better class of brat in waitrose!!!!

On 14 Apr 2011 at 9:59pm Reallistic advice wrote:
Course you do.........you pay more for the same goods and then can't afford the aggro as well!

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes pottery 75:132
Lewes pottery

Cast your eyes up to Mon29th Nev. I'm talking about....economic migration and it's cause. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams