Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Ted Heath and Leon Brittan

On 4 Aug 2015 at 4:10pm Clifford wrote:
Interesting, isn't it, how these investigations only begin after the people being investigated have died?
On 4 Aug 2015 at 4:29pm Old Bloke wrote:
Perhaps it makes the compensation easier to get
On 4 Aug 2015 at 4:29pm Schtum wrote:
I guess it's a case of 'dead men tell no tales' and whoever prevented the investigations before must be who the tales are about.
On 4 Aug 2015 at 4:58pm Grafter wrote:
I met Heath in 85 while installing furniture to his house in Salisbury. He asked our boss if we would like to shake his hand. Luckily I was ugly as .... even then.
We just thought he was up himself. Looks like he was up some one else as well.
Never met anyone with a good word to say for him!

On 4 Aug 2015 at 7:50pm Old Bloke wrote:
@Grafter - did you mix in circles where lots of people knew him?
On 4 Aug 2015 at 9:38pm King of Sussex wrote:
Tories pride themselves in being ruthlessly focussed on selfish greed without a jot of concern for how that greed impacts on the lives others. Itís a tiny tiny step to allow that lack of empathy to surface in the pursuit of sexual gratification.
Someone who doesnít care about what happens to the impoverished and vulnerable, is hardly going to care about raping a 12 year old. Itís a disorder theyíre especially prone to.
I see Old Bloke is taking the typically desperate defensive approach of blaming the victim. How predictable.
How long before we see that other Tory apologist, Paul Newman, blame the Wilson government?
Itís not for nothing theyíre called the Nasty Party.
On 4 Aug 2015 at 10:02pm Jenner wrote:
How many Labour councils turned there backs on vunerable kids so as not to cause racial tension in how many major cities?
Short Poltical memory KOS.
Think these things should be above politics but your comments required a strong rebuke.
On 4 Aug 2015 at 10:21pm Cam wrote:
Men seem to be the problem, whichever political party they are affiliated to. What, therefore, might the solution be?

On 4 Aug 2015 at 10:39pm Clifford wrote:
Don't be ridiculous King of Sussex. I've got no time for Tories but if you think there are no Labour politicians in the frame you must be woefully uninformed.

On 5 Aug 2015 at 7:05am Earl of Lewes wrote:
Yes, what about Grenville Janner? I think it's clutching at straws to try and make a political point about something that was sadly far more widespread.

On 5 Aug 2015 at 8:40am Cam wrote:
Widespread by men. No point in splitting hairs about political parties, as you have shown. It is the widespread desire by men to do such things that need debating, surely?
On 5 Aug 2015 at 8:48am Red ken wrote:
Let's just think for a minute. Both Tories so very probably guilty.
On 5 Aug 2015 at 5:07pm Lewes Resident wrote:
To Quote Cam:
"It is the widespread desire by men to do such things that need debating, surely?"
On what basis do you belive it to be a "widespread" desire Cam... how many million men are you wrongly tarring with the same brush as the relatively few men being prosecuted or investigated?
I think there have been a number of cases where women have been prosecuted for involvement too, or are you assuming they were all acting under duress from male colleagues/friends/relatives etc
Despite the media hype, I do not believe the desire is as widespread as you think - fortunately.

On 5 Aug 2015 at 8:48pm Cam wrote:
Lewes resident... Abuse and organised abuse is rather significantly more than 'media hype', comforting a belief though that may be. Whilst it is the case that women do abuse, do please name the women you have in mind. Clearly we would not struggle to name men, or groups of men. It would be nice to think Heath is not guilty, but if he is, it is worth considering that he had a 24 hour police guard, as others have had. Is this to do with power providing men with more opportunity or is it to do with the predilections of the male?

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes inferno 69:132
Lewes inferno

Get a cat? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell