Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Teachers

On 5 Jul 2016 at 6:15pm Bob wrote:
Teachers should be made to pay for people's child care. Less than 25% of the nut union voted on the strike & only 92% of the teachers wanted to strike. Poor teachers only get 14 weeks holiday a year. We should be able to fine them if they don't do a proper job. So a lot of them would owe a lot of money. GO BACK TO WORK & STOP LETTING THE KIDS DOWN YOUR MENT TO BE TEACHING.
On 5 Jul 2016 at 6:16pm Realist wrote:
Nicky Morgan says the strike is not popular with "School leaders"... who are they? The businesses that run the privatised academies, perhaps? After all, they've fewer days to meet their targets and we all know what happens to an academy that doesn't meet it's target. She goes on to say "It is also not popular with pupils who are missing out on a day’s education"... Nicky Morgan, how out of touch are you with the real world? With all the targets and brutal measures you put in place, you are making school a pretty miserable place to be. I can assure you , my kids are happy with this strike. And finally, since when does a day's strike action put a child's education at risk? Who, Nicky Morgan, are you trying to fool with these lies and attempts at installing fear in parents who want the best for their kids. Yes, it is really inconvenient for parents who aren't normally around during the school day... but I am with the teachers and the head teachers on this. Do you think, maybe one day, our minister for Education might actually have some experience in Education?
On 5 Jul 2016 at 6:27pm Bob wrote:
Ashley poor teachers. We all have targets to reach. Maybe they could reach them easier with only 10 weeks holiday a year. I am self employed &am lucky to get 2 weeks holiday a year.
On 5 Jul 2016 at 6:32pm Bob wrote:
That is ment to say aaahhh not Ashley.
On 5 Jul 2016 at 6:40pm Teacherswife wrote:
Teachers have a pretty cushy time of it with short days, all those holidays and revised pay which is pretty competitive (with working in Tesco stacking shelves..) Can't think why we don't all retrain to become science & maths teachers - there's loads of local vacancies, you won't struggle to get a job - and you get an even bigger salary if you're willing to work in central London
On 5 Jul 2016 at 8:56pm King of Sussex wrote:
Bob – Why on earth are you working for yourself and feeling lucky if you get 2 weeks off?
Instead of moaning about how unfair life is, why don’t you pull your finger out and get a job as a teacher? Instead of dragging everyone down to your poor and unlucky standards, why not celebrate the few professions who are able to have some control over their employment.
On 5 Jul 2016 at 9:58pm Head Master wrote:
Bob ? It's meant, past and past particle of mean. NOT ment as in parchment ? Maybe teachers are more important than you think.
On 5 Jul 2016 at 11:10pm Pedant wrote:
It is also "you're" - short for "you are". You obviously don't value teachers, and perhaps this is because you paid so little attention to your lessons when you were at school.
On 6 Jul 2016 at 7:19am @ Head Master wrote:
It's past PARTICIPLE not particle. Head of a penis.

On 6 Jul 2016 at 1:43pm Head Master wrote:
AND that's predictive text for you !! Makes one look stupid !!
On 6 Jul 2016 at 1:54pm Not checking wrote:
Makes one look stupid. Kind regards.
On 6 Jul 2016 at 5:52pm * wrote:
Kind Regards seems to have become a threat, like Have a Nice Day.

On 6 Jul 2016 at 10:47pm Tipex wrote:
Bob - whatever argument you were trying to make re teachers / teaching is totally undermined by your display of illiteracy! I initially thought you were being sarcastic!
On 6 Jul 2016 at 11:10pm Meldrew wrote:
NUT - the union that likes to say no.
Had a heavy weekend, plus the strain of Monday, need another day off to recuperate.
Bugger up everyone else's day.
Getting some practice in for 6-weeks paid holiday, then an Insect Day, then another easing into the job day off, then another stressed out day off, then a preparing to go back to work day.
Starting to be competition for Southern train drivers, to name one group.
Mind you, I wouldn't teach for all the Insect Days in China - I feel a headache coming on just thinking about it.

On 8 Jul 2016 at 5:15pm Silk worm wrote:
Do they have insect days in China ?

On 8 Jul 2016 at 11:08pm Tipex wrote:
Genius Silk Worm! My son calls them Incest Days!

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Kingston Windmill 52:143
Kingston Windmill

Were the Borough Zulus blacking up last night? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine