Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Taxing the rich, a true story.

On 13 May 2017 at 5:58am Yim wrote:
My late father worked as a car mechanic. He worked for the same company for over 30 years. The owner of the business died and bequeathed the company to his two sons. Technically they became rich. They couldn't however pay the inheritance tax (or whatever it was called in those days) and the business closed with the loss of 15 jobs.
On 13 May 2017 at 6:40am Sensible wrote:
Plans not made for the continuation of the business after the death of the owner? Company not registered off-shore? The sons unable to go to the bank to obtain financing? I see an unsustainable and irresponsibly-run business, with an ostrich-like owner, here.
On 13 May 2017 at 7:30am Guy boy wrote:
I also run a good busines got 4 lady work for me most nights . A round lewes distict . If i was to pay my taxes then i would have to let them go to work in other towns .
On 13 May 2017 at 9:58am The Old Mayor wrote:
How do you think the National Trust got all the stately homes ? Duh
On 13 May 2017 at 10:11am We'vehadourfun wrote:
Sensible. You really are a plank. You have read an obvious troll then reacted as if you know full story. The father may have been of good health, died suddenly etc etc. Inheritance tax payment can be demanded before an estate is fully wound up. It happened to me and is terrible. Another know it all smart a@rse this forum does not need. You have know knowledge of this subject.
On 13 May 2017 at 12:18pm Yim wrote:
I wasn't intentionally trolling. Its a very true and sad story. The garage is now a Weatherspoons.
On 13 May 2017 at 12:22pm Tong tiddle eye po. wrote:
I'm trolling
On 13 May 2017 at 12:56pm One tree branch wrote:
We need more resources in getting the tax sorted from the black econonmy. By this I mean targeting those who work cash in hand and don't pay tax. instead we always seem to target those who disclose their income or those who are responsible and can be bothered saving for a rainy day.
On 13 May 2017 at 10:10pm Deja Vu wrote:
Surely we need to target the handful of companies that collectively avoid billions in tax? Apple, Google, Starbucks etc?
And end all the sweetheart deals and all the other BS?
On 14 May 2017 at 8:58am bobob wrote:
Nailed it. We gave facebook 11m tax credit in 2015. WTF!

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Vikings lewes 127:132
Vikings lewes

New highly rated management. 2 very good new players signed already and plenty more to come. This season could be very... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo