Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Take it a step further

On 22 Dec 2017 at 3:25pm One step beyond wrote:
I'm not a fan of all the people in various estates of Lewes who don't earn much more than minimum wage. Their lifestyles are propped up by various housing benefits, tax credits, pensions and other government handouts.

If they can't control their urges to go to pubs, buy new clothes or gadgets to keep up with the trends then why should we support them with handouts.

I see them buying full price produce in the supermarkets, why aren't they using the discount bin or only buying value brand products. Why aren't they shopping only in charity shops!?!

A few of them even have cars! WTF. When I was tight for cash I walked or used public transport. With the cost of car insurance and petrol it's no wonder they need the free cash from us taxpayers.

Some of them even went on holiday last year. If you're taking government hand outs how can you afford a holiday?!!

I suppose it's easier to take the free money and blame other people than actually put the work in and control your spending.

And at the end of the day they moan about how little money they have and how expensive life is! Pah, tighten your belt and use those bootstraps.
On 22 Dec 2017 at 3:36pm Mrs Davis wrote:
These sorts of posts are getting very boring indeed.
On 22 Dec 2017 at 3:36pm Agree wrote:
Yes I saw an oik the other day driving a car and I know damn well he lives in New Malling. It’s not as if he’s a taxi driver!!!
On 22 Dec 2017 at 3:40pm Sensible wrote:
We believe that because state benefits are our money, paid by economically active members of society, they should by default be in the form of vouchers. Money belongs only to those who earn it. I do not use my money for cigarettes, drink and subscription TV, and neither should the recipients of the handouts my activity pays for.
On 22 Dec 2017 at 4:19pm first wrote:
First they came for the homeless, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not homeless
Then they came for the addicts, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not an addict.
Then they came for the lower income earners who need a little help, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a lower income earner who needs a bit
of help

Then they destroyed public services, the housing market, healthcare and education until I couldn't afford a simple happy life for me and my children so I blamed everyone else who was worse off than me rather than those making the decisions.
On 22 Dec 2017 at 4:34pm Redballs wrote:
OP be good to meet up and discuss your views, will you be available over Christmas?
On 22 Dec 2017 at 5:23pm Tory Tim wrote:
Also petrol is too cheap. It allows all the scroungers to be out blocking up the roads and polluting the air in their old heaps. Adding about 75p a litre would get rid of them and the roads would be much quieter for us.
On 22 Dec 2017 at 7:42pm Agree wrote:
Oh dear @first fancy digging out that old cliché
It because of peopl like you that I have to hand over 40% of my hard earned only for it to be squandered on the feckless
On 22 Dec 2017 at 8:55pm @Mrs Davis wrote:
For the first time, I agree with you. Posts of this type (excuse the pun) one does find rather boring.
It does appear that the under class can not win, if they beg some one on Lewes forum belittles them, if they are not begging but are on the dole again belittled, and now when they find work but may not have the skills, training or education to gain employment with a salary that lifts them out of the in work benefits awards system, they are still belittled. But I suggest the post is a wind up, no one can really have that mind set. Can they?
On 23 Dec 2017 at 12:00pm Leftie wrote:
Poverty and homelessness get worse under Tory governments. So if you don't want to see such things, stop voting Tory.
Simples!
On 23 Dec 2017 at 1:58pm Clifford wrote:
One step beyond wrote: 'I'm not a fan of all the people in various estates of Lewes who don't earn much more than minimum wage. Their lifestyles are propped up by various housing benefits, tax credits, pensions and other government handouts.'

You seem to misunderstand: it is low-paying employers whose lifestyles are propped up by benefits paid for by the taxpayer. Furthermore, parasitic landlords, who contribute nothing to society but simply own property, hoover up housing benefit.

On 23 Dec 2017 at 8:39pm well I never wrote:
Lewes fills up with the great unwashed every xmas, the ones who cannot do joined up writing and hold up cards to prove it in the high street on boxing day, yes the towns going to the dogs.

On 23 Dec 2017 at 9:48pm Jennifer wrote:
Are the poorly paid people of Lewes, and everywhere else, lacking any form of ambition to better themselves ? Or maybe they look upon themselves as martyrs to a cause they truly believe in, but complain about it ?

On 24 Dec 2017 at 10:52am oof wrote:
bit too close to home for some

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Castle view 19:132
Castle view

Sloanes - very much a Browns type brasserie, all day drinks and food. We’ll conceived, but woefully managed and underfunded.... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams