Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Sussex Depress Bonfire Headline

 
 
On 1 Nov 2008 at 11:37am Smiler wrote:
Obviously there can't be any cats stuck on roofs this week as the Express has a headline saying someone has taken on a law firm! OMG! Can it really be true?
Blimey! call the BBC surely there's a program in it for them!

In the week of bonfire too, its a disgrace that our local paper should do that to sell papers and then have a Bonfire pullout, cynical in the extreme.
 
 
On 1 Nov 2008 at 3:10pm nevill newby wrote:
wow was so amazed at the pictures from Nevill Bonfire it was like being there
NOT
the paper seldom has much content about local stuff just loaded with
adverts when something good does happen they print 3 pics and a C*** article what I wanted was to spot a few local people and the stuff I missed
Is it also just me who thinks that they just move pictures around each year on the bonfire pull out same S*** different year
come on express pull your finger out make a effort theres more local news in the sun.
Smiler the article is worth printing but front page I dont think so
if Stormin norman hadn't put his bit in the article would read
Lewes woman hurt, cliffe regret, seeking compensation
 
 
On 1 Nov 2008 at 9:22pm Simple Simon wrote:
I thought it shameful for the town. Anti Cliffe, Anti Lewes and Anti Bonfire. Shame on them for biased ill timed sensationalism. Time Lewes had a real paper.
 
 
On 1 Nov 2008 at 9:27pm Lewes Laugher wrote:
The Sussex Express is a disgrace to local journalism. The paper would not know a story if it bit them on the b*m and it is totally in pawn to Lewes District Council, having no idea how to confront or question.
 
 
On 1 Nov 2008 at 9:36pm Ben wrote:
Let's all just be thankful she's still alive, shall we?
 
 
On 1 Nov 2008 at 10:16pm Smiler wrote:
Yeah that too Ben!
 
 
On 1 Nov 2008 at 11:29pm me wrote:
"Is it also just me who thinks that they just move pictures around each year on the bonfire pull out same S*** different year". No it's not you.
"Anti Cliffe" - not really because the incident happened at the cliffe site, fact. More of a dig a bonfire as a whole because it would have printed,whatever society. "The Sussex Express is a disgrace to local journalism" absolutely.
"Let's all just be thankful she's still alive, shall we?". People are berating the local rags coverage of the events, not having a pop at the lady in question.
 
 
On 2 Nov 2008 at 12:43am Lopster wrote:
Write to them - tell them how many people die on the roads every day to put this in perspective - one accident in ???? years - and some harsh policing of one person made last year an unfortunate statistic in bonfire history - roll on the 5th -move on Sussex express
 
 
On 2 Nov 2008 at 12:20pm Mystic Mog wrote:
LL you say "pawn to Lewes District Council" they rarely print much positve about them. Some examples please. More a pawn of ESCC and the anti-Lewes mob from the coastal strip, Seaford etc.
Good see Norman adding some sanity to the article.
 
 
On 2 Nov 2008 at 6:42pm therealalekid wrote:
I went in the Sussex Express offices quite a few years back now when I was helping some of the reporters at the paper. They had a fake front page newspaper article on the wall about the Osama Bin Laden tableaux. It was quite a rant about out of towners who complained at the time about the effigy. I remember a young Inayat Bunglawala (spokesman for the MCB) complaining that it was anti Muslim.
Anyway I don't see them as anti Bonfire, truth is that it is usually the same people with the same moans writing into them. As for the express though has continually gone down hill.
 
 
On 3 Nov 2008 at 8:12am sashimi wrote:
The story about a lady suing Cliffe Bonfire Society is, however unwelcome, a perfectly valid news item. The fact that the news upsets a large number of people in bonfire is no reason for failing to report it. The Sussex Express also reported the jailing of two frightened and chastened teenagers for their part in a fatal car accident - most hurtful publicity for their completely innocent parents. Should the Sussex Express have cut that out too?
 
 
On 4 Nov 2008 at 11:39am freqeist1 wrote:
surely people understand that there is always a risk of danger when it comes to:
fireworks,
hundreds of people,
etc, etc.
she made the choice to come to Lewes on the 5th, and go to Cliffe, no one forced her and as the for the express they are just journalists they dont give a t*** about Lewes bonfire, just selling 'newspapers'
and yes i also believe they are pawns for the council.
 
 
On 4 Nov 2008 at 12:10pm Its Not Rocket Science wrote:
Going off at a tangent I know, but the Osama Bin Laden tab was not anti muslim, it was anti Osama Bin Laden. In the same way that the Bill Clinton tab a few years earlier was anti Bill Clinton and not not anti Christian.
 
 
On 4 Nov 2008 at 12:11pm Cliffebimbo wrote:
I work for the Council, and I suspect half the people here (or more) don't even read the Express. It is very small fry in the scheme of things. The Sussex Express write what they want to write, because it sells papers, that is all. They do not confront or question, because they basically can't be bothered. John Eccles used to spend his time sitting in the pub, and waited for stories to come to him.
 
 
On 4 Nov 2008 at 12:13pm Little piggy wrote:
That was definately the best tab I have ever seen! Genius.


22 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Lewes Arms Lads 55:132
Lewes Arms Lads

Cafe du jardin on south street more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the fact it's safe enough to leave windows open and shops don't need to put grills up at night.
Maddie