Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Super Parrott

On 11 Nov 2007 at 2:04pm northern bigot wrote:
There was a time when bonfire night reports consisted of details of the tab, those involved in the procession, remembrance, tar barrels, the pope, firework display and fire site activities etc. These days far too much coverage is given to policing, George Clooney look a like Superintendent Cliff Parrott who calls himself an operations commander, by the way whats the difference between that and his predessessor who was an incident Commander?, gives his tuppence worth!
A few years back they were writing to the societies about religious and racial incitement, the implications were obvious.
They can find 400 officers to police the 5th, yet it takes hours for two them to turn up, often the next day if youre house has been burgled?

On 11 Nov 2007 at 7:50pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
They're not interested burglaries because that would involve investigating (ie work) a crime. However, come to Lewes on the 5th and hey presto. Loads of people to give eighty note instant fines to and no inconvenience of actually having to proving guilt.
It keeps the figures up, and public confidence down. They're not all t0ssers though, just most of them.

On 12 Nov 2007 at 1:22pm Taff wrote:
So Super Parrott thinks his troops were targeted does he. Well after many years of being told the Polices job was to help and assist the public why do 75% or so of your troops insist on looking away from the public and in to the processions. Thats what I call targeting! Leave us to deal with us. We do it better.
Police assist people to and from sporting events and even attend the stadium in some cases, but they do not referee the game do they, so why try it with Bonfire?

On 12 Nov 2007 at 4:44pm Arctic wrote:
The police were asked this, and their answer was that they are looking at the crowds on the other side of the street! Anyone who has tried to look for friends through a torchlight procession will know that this is impossible, and even if you did see troublemakers on the other side of the road, no bonfire worth it's salt is going to let anyone across it's ranks! The truth is they are scared of the bang bangs!
Let the police do what they are good at, DIRECTING TRAFFIC (out of Lewes), and giving out parking tickets to discourage outsiders.

On 12 Nov 2007 at 7:59pm cleopatra wrote:
The anti police line is getting very boring, bet none of you making those comments hesistate to dial 999 when you need them.

On 12 Nov 2007 at 8:11pm Catwoman wrote:
Whats the point, they are all at Lewes Bonfire

On 12 Nov 2007 at 8:18pm Arctic wrote:
By that logic the police can do no wrong and should never be criticized.

On 12 Nov 2007 at 8:46pm The Super K wrote:
CLEO, You've obviously never HAD to dial 999 for something you consider an emergancy only for the police to turn up at best the next day!
No they can't be everywhere at once, but on a friday night when some kid is getting smashed up by 3 or 4 others The next day isn't good enough.
The police get the stick because of the service they provide, it may not be their fault, it's more than likely they are all stuck behind a desk dealing with the red tape and reports they have to file for every action they make.
At the end of the day if your broadband goes down tomorrow, you'll be phoning up BT, Tiscali etc going crazy at a phone operator, its not their fault your lines down, but you'll make them pay for it.

On 13 Nov 2007 at 8:33am Taff wrote:
Considering the level of public funding to them you wonder if its value for money!

On 13 Nov 2007 at 6:24pm Chav wrote:
Well every time I get on my Kwaka Supersport 50cc bored out to 60cc. after a couple of cans of White Lightning, they seem to be everywhere. If I get nabbed and lose my provisional, I'll have to go and see Alan Piano teeth down the dump and see if he's got any push bikes I can have. How else will I make my getaway after I send a parking meter belly up?

On 13 Nov 2007 at 6:57pm Lewesianne wrote:
Noise pollution! Insult to Kawasaki - shouldn't be less than 125cc. My fish tank pump can give more power than your 2 wheeled nazal hair clippers.

On 13 Nov 2007 at 7:08pm Chav wrote:
Get out of here. I got 46 out of her down the hollow last week. Didn't quite make the corner but at least the stream was empty.

On 13 Nov 2007 at 7:12pm Lewesianne wrote:
:-O :-) :-) :-) I know someone who did that but they had another 1000cc on their engine! Wrote it off totally.

On 13 Nov 2007 at 10:17pm cleopatra wrote:
Well there's where your wrong Super K. Was unfortunate enough to have to dial 999 last year, police turned up within minutes. They couldn't have been more helpful, was amazed at how kind and thoughtful there were, was not what I was expecting at all. Just goes to show how wrong you can be. Perhaps you shouldn't always expect the worse of those who may be there to help you and are at times controlled by those who push pieces of paper around a desk!

On 14 Nov 2007 at 7:09pm The Super K wrote:
You must live up houdean rise then.

On 14 Nov 2007 at 9:42pm cleopatra wrote:
No sadly not, just your average 3 bedroom terraced in Lewes.

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Stoolball 84:132
Lewes Stoolball

There is none so blind as will not see. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone